Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ViaMichelin launch V7 "New Edition" satnav softwar
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ViaMichelin launch V7 "New Edition" satnav softwar
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcesteves wrote:
Hello. (sorry if my english is poor, I'm writing from -defeated- france).

I've read in other forums the X-970T has a display problem, the 3D map being about 100 to 200 meter back from the real position (vocals seem to be good).
Have any of you experienced the same problem ? Does the V7 correct it ?

Thanks for your answers.

Have never really noticed the problem, but to be honest I'm paying more attention to the road in front of me NOT the GPS screen Laughing Out Loud Laughing
simben
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the 970t in 2D the cursor, on my machine, runs at about 100 metres behind the actual position. When I changed to 3D all is corrected.

Simben
jcesteves
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thank you for the answer. I think I'll buy one today. Hope V7 will come soon.
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you dont find a unit with a FREE upgrade leaflet for to V7 then let me know and I will send one over to you. I am going to speak to the team at Pocket GPS and see if I can get the PDF file on here for customers to Download.

At your service... Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any idea how much longer we have to wait. Laughing Out Loud Laughing Also I hope when the ordering system goes online it actually takes the credit card details. I had to order the "Advantage" program twice as the system was up and running taking orders but not actually recording credit card details DOH!!! Laughing Out Loud.
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will enquire and get back to you....... Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer is in from France (Who are still crying in their vin about Saturday!). They said:

The V7 DVD (map included) should be available in retail and on E-Shop, December 4th.
Customers will be able to buy it in store or on our web Site.

Prices should be:
79€ for a Region
109€ for Europe.

Customers who are already registered on our website will receive beginning of December an emailing to be proposed a special discount on V7 DVD

I will paste a link when its on the site!!

www.leyio.com

Keep your eyes open in 2009 for a new way to share and swap files......Leyio!
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deepfour wrote:
The answer is in from France (Who are still crying in their vin about Saturday!). They said (Direct Quote):

The V7 DVD (map included) should be available in retail and on E-Shop, December 4th.
Customers will be able to buy it in store or on our web Site.

Prices should be:
79€ for a Region
109€ for Europe.

Customers who are already registered on our website will receive beginning of December an emailing to be proposed a special discount on V7 DVD

I will paste a link when its on the site!!

www.leyio.com

EddyDC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of the Advantage program. I've ordered my V7 X980T and I'm considering this program. What is the real use of it?
You get twice a year map and guide update (for 2 years, thus 4 updates). Correct me if I'm wrong, but system software updates (except minor updates or patches?) aren't included. Somewhat each year we get a system software update which need to be paid separately, no? Doesn't that system update include these map/updates updates also (or one doesn't need to put things on a DVD).
I've seen some serious comments (like rip-off) on French forums concerning this matter.
So I wonder if this assumption is correct and if there isn't another policy for Advantage (thus loyal) customers.

Eddy

jonandmarkuk wrote:
I had to order the "Advantage" program twice as the system was up and running taking orders but not actually recording credit card details DOH!!! Laughing Out Loud.
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eddy

The updates to V7 are currently free to anyone who buys the products, no cost - so there shouldn't be any complaints there.
We put patches on the web site between versions free of charge which upgrade functions...

The advantage programme is very useful ...I know you are buying a Euro version so you would actually get 5!!! updates for full europe for 99 Euro. We send one out within 30 days of registering to make sure you have the latest maps then one every 6 months for 2 years.
So thats 100 maps in total (20 countries x 5) for 99 Euro (£69)....less than a Euro per map!! Compare that with other manufacturers mapping costs.
The updates include the latest Michelin Guides too.

We dont charge for TMC, Safety Camera updates, blah blah blah....so you get a lot more from us and all at new super low pricing!!

Cheers

Stu
[/u]

www.leyio.com

EddyDC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the clarification
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree the Advantage map updates are very good value!!. Navman charge nearly £100 for UK mapping only.
I also saw the 'rip off comments' on the french forums, but without sounding politically incorrect but do they not tend to moan at most things Laughing Out Loud.

As long as the map updates can be converted to v7 software then I'm happy. I have got more out of the x980t than either Navman I have owned. I noticed that most Navman owners would prefer to hack the units and load other software, so what does that tell you about the units.

Just wish we didn't have to wait until December, has there been some last minute problems as it seems a long time from the October announcement to getting the DVD's in store.

Please post us some more images / videos to keep us happy Laughing Out Loud.
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Information or lack of it is the usual reason to make people moan!

Once you upgrade to V7 and let us know that you have we and send you maps compatable for V7...just make sure you let us know so we change your profile..

No issues here.......move along!!

www.leyio.com

trevor.dowle
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deepfour wrote:
Translated from English to French and back.....

I am thinking of starting my own ViaMichelin Forum for feedback and customer service issues so that we can solve any problems with Translation errors and the occasional over zelous French support worker!!

Anyone think this would be useful??

Excellent idea. Sign me up

Trev Dowle
TomTom 730 T
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

up and running Trevor...look at the top of the VM section and its listed as an announcement.

www.leyio.com

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 6 of 20

Jump to: