Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ViaMichelin launch V7 "New Edition" satnav softwar
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ViaMichelin launch V7 "New Edition" satnav softwar
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davegthomas wrote:
Stu

Your making us all drool!

You couldn't accidently leave us a link so that we might 'test and suggest' the new software could you?

The TMC aerial on the X-970T was the reason I purchased it - I did ask your support about the different aerials BUT that was the one that took weeks to answer, unsatisfactorily I might add, but I had already purchased when they did!

I often think that the main reason for not getting answers is I think sometimes the question is lost in translation. Has anyone ever tried the online translators, translate to one language then back to english and the results often sound nothing like what you put. Laughing
EddyDC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A really appropriate avatar.
It would be more than nice if the newest arial would be delivered with the V7 X-980T

And than it's a matter of getting a good vendor in order to have the correct version. Most vendors in Belgium are supermarkets or internet stores which are only interested in moving boxes.
EddyDC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen indeed some of your postings in a french forum where you tried these online translators, with a strange text as result

jonandmarkuk wrote:

I often think that the main reason for not getting answers is I think sometimes the question is lost in translation. Has anyone ever tried the online translators, translate to one language then back to english and the results often sound nothing like what you put. Laughing
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Translated from English to French and back.....

The devices of navigation are fresh and I like our new software

Any ideas what I said??

I used babel fish.....try it yourself its cool.

I am thinking of starting my own ViaMichelin Forum for feedback and customer service issues so that we can solve any problems with Translation errors and the occasional over zelous French support worker!!

Anyone think this would be useful??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, not least because if there is one consistent theme in all these forums it is the lousy customer service provided by nearly all of your competitors i.e time taken to answer, not answering the question asked in the first place (and you saw first hand the response I received from your own colleagues about the speed settings on my unit) and then in broken English (though I don't really criticise them for them for that since we are not exactly known for our multi-lingual skils in the UK, are we Very Happy )
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try sitting in an Irish Pub with 8 French People in Germany when we lost to them 2 years ago in the 4 nations....

The only English guy...they all sang the French anthem at the start.....and I ended up buying all the drinks as we lost!!
8 French men consume a lot of Guiness!!

I really hope that we get our revenge this weekend!!

The French are usually pretty good at english but can get hold of the wrong end of the stick on occasion so its better leaving it to an Englishman who can work the software blindfold!!

Lasies (Never seen any on her but have to be PC) and Gentleman - I look forward to seeing you in the VM Feedback Forum once I have it up and running....

Cheers

Stu
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A proper English forum would be useful. As Eddy said I tried posting in a French forum with the bablefish translater and they asked for it to be posted in English instead as it made more sense. I think the auto translation things can't take the wording in context and just give a litteral translation.

As you have a v7 x980t on your desk any chance you can post some more demo vids Smile I have seen some stills and from what I can tell the v7 software makes better use of the larger screen.
EddyDC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deepfour wrote:
I am thinking of starting my own ViaMichelin Forum for feedback and customer service issues so that we can solve any problems with Translation errors and the occasional over zelous French support worker!!

Anyone think this would be useful??

Cool idea! I wonder if people will find it and if knowledge won't be spread among several forums.
But once people know that it's an 'official' forum, I guess it'll be OK. I would say, go for it.
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a dedicated VM Forum is a brilliant idea. I hope you don't get swamped.

As Stu mentioned it, good luck to the rugby boys, but lets not forget the England football and cricket teams playing tomorrow too.
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK so next week I am off to our Sales Conference in Madrid with the French , Spanish, Italians and Germans....

My Ideal would be that the first 4 slides in my presentation would be us winning the Rugby, Football, Motor Racing and Cricket!!!!

Otherwise I will have to sit through them all making my life hell if we loose!!
thehorse
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to get an X970, however I have just noticed that the Blackberry pearl 8100 isn't supported. I really wanted to use the handfree feature, is this phone going to be added with v7?

Thanks
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can promise you that the Blackberry Pearl works with the X-970T...

How can I do that? Because I use a Pearl myself Smile . I have used 3 different blackberry devices over the last 2 years and all of them have worked with our software.

I will ask Technical to change the lisiting to include the Blackberry units.
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slightly off topic, but I came across this clip on Youtube and wondered if this feature is ever planned for inclusion?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=t0zSjSd5njw
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets just say that this and a few other pretty awesome features may or may not appear in future versions Wink
jcesteves
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello. (sorry if my english is poor, I'm writing from -defeated- france).

I've read in other forums the X-970T has a display problem, the 3D map being about 100 to 200 meter back from the real position (vocals seem to be good).
Have any of you experienced the same problem ? Does the V7 correct it ?

Thanks for your answers.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 5 of 20

Jump to: