Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ViaMichelin launch V7 "New Edition" satnav softwar
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ViaMichelin launch V7 "New Edition" satnav softwar
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes TTS will still be on V7 which includes reading traffic messages!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Shinymera
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"The ViaMichelin reports each change of driving direction separately. Instead of indicating: 'turn right, then after X meter turn left', de unit only tells to take left lane after the bend.

My 970T would give multiple instructions. There were occasions however when leaving motorway that it would leave it to the last minute to tell you what to do at the end of the off ramp, this would sometimes leave me in the wrong lane for the approaching roundabout.

I bought my 970T in June so missed out on the upgrade Crying or Very sad

I'm now the complete opposite to you. I got rid of the 970T and got a Garmin Nuvi 610T. I love it.

Hopefully the version 7 will fix a lot of the problems I had. If it does then it could be a nice unit.
EddyDC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for the clarification. That's a relieve. The (Dutch) report is on
http://www.tiscali.nl/content/article/cautotain/test_viamichelin_x980t/594199.htm which seems to be a replication of http://www.autoweek.nl/autotainmentdisp.php?ID=2357

One additional question. My Garmin directs me in the most impossible small (rural) roads, even if I want the quickest road
(see also http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=349121)
I want to make sure that this not going to happen with the Michelin unit. I've seen in a older thread concerning Portugal (http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=54587) and I know that there was a coverage problem (which shouldn't happen in Belgium) , but I don't want the same problems as with the Garmin again.

Is the planning on the Michelin site representative for the X980T?

If I understand it correct from the previous postings, even if I got a V6 X-980T from the shop (you never know in Belgium), I can upgrade (with or without sticker) for free, can't I?

What about tunnels? I understand that it's a SirfStar III so it's rather sensitive, no?

And one last question. I see that viaMichelin works with Tele Atlas. What will be the position of viaMichelin towards TomTom (or vice versa) when it come to upgrades etc. I understood that Mio needs an agreement with TomTom concerning intellectual goods. I wonder if VM can work further without TT spoiling things.

Eddy
EddyDC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe a stupid question, but is the X-980T with V7 that'll come out at the end of the month technically different from the ones with V6 currently in the stores?
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI

There is no difference betwee the X-980T in stores now and the ones which will release with V7 from a technical point of view - Specifications remain the same- However the mount has a new quarter turn locking which stops you having to use the screw twist.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stuart,

Is the new mount capable of taking the TMC aerial that the newer models have?

Are you aware of any plans to supply the newer, or better aerial for use with the X980T?

Thanks
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this is impressive, a direct line communication with the manufacturer, carry on like this Stu and you will have won me over.

Message to Garmin –
Watch this thread, this is how it should be done.

signed
Jealous Garmin user.
HTC Advantage X7500 MS 6.1 Tchart Speed Sentry
Satmap Active 10, Software v1.16
Fuzion 32 HUD Bluetooth GPS receiver
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpikeyMikey wrote:
Hi Stuart,

Is the new mount capable of taking the TMC aerial that the newer models have?

Are you aware of any plans to supply the newer, or better aerial for use with the X980T?

Thanks

I would be interested in this too, especially if the new mounts are easier to fit. Very Happy
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All

I had a meeting in London today with the Product Team from France and they forgot to bring my samples of the new mount....DOH! Think it's because they are sulking about the fact that they expect us to beat them on Saturday Wink

I have asked the questions - they will be on the Euro Star home but will return my calls when through the tunnel.

As soon as I know the answer to the TMC aeriel for the X-980T you will too.

We have worked with ITIS to improve the reception of the TMC service on our products and having used V7 over the last few weeks I am getting a signal in all the areas it used to dip out apart from one small stretch on the M4.
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, especially since it is the M4 that I use between Wiltshire and W London on my occasional commute to my HO (though I haven't been up since I purchased the new sat-nav)

My X-970T has been better than my previous Mio for TMC but still not ideal. It is fascinating to see how very different the antenna is on the X 970T from the X-980T -is there a reason for this, is one considered better than the other?

One of the reasons I went for an X-970 in preference to the X-980 was the poor reception I have had previously with 'string' TMC antennas such as that supplied with the 980 unit.

Do you think the software has that much impact on the TMC signal?

I will be up to London on Saturday so will be interested to see how good the TMC is now.
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new antenna works better as its been tweaked and there is a lot you can do between a cable and its connection to an RDS Chip to make the signal better Cool - I have an office next to Trafalgar Scuare and have a unit sitting on my desk all the time with a full TMC signal....

If anyone wants a traffic update let me know and I will post ... Wink
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, just for clarity

Quote:
The new antenna works better

is that (a) the 'string' antenna on the x-980T (b) the completely different antenna supplied with the X-970T or (c) something else that's even newer Very Happy
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently I am using an X-970T with the paddle antenna. This is my old V6.5 product which I have flashed to V7.
Once I have all the answers I will head back with the info.....

Currently testing V7 on the X-980T on my desk too....looks very classy!!
Davegthomas
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stu

Your making us all drool!

You couldn't accidently leave us a link so that we might 'test and suggest' the new software could you?

The TMC aerial on the X-970T was the reason I purchased it - I did ask your support about the different aerials BUT that was the one that took weeks to answer, unsatisfactorily I might add, but I had already purchased when they did!
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone like my new avatar???

Well I am sorry for the slow response.....I am here to answer all as quickly as possible and of course have the ears of the right people...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 4 of 20

Jump to: