Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ViaMichelin launch V7 "New Edition" satnav softwar
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ViaMichelin launch V7 "New Edition" satnav softwar
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davegthomas
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stu

The following was aimed at you, perhaps you missed it.

Quote:
Continuing on the speed camera files front: Can it be made possible that, as well as having a special icon associated with a particular file of camera locations, a sound file could also be associated with the same file?

Also on the subject of sounds the manual makes mention of different sounds/warners etc. BUT which is which? My X-970T makes all kinds of sounds BUT I don't understand what they are for! Can someone make a list of what sound is what and why does my screen flash sometimes when I know I am definately NOT speeding?

Perhaps you would forward it to the relevant people.
Clive06
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuart,
Thanks for your prompt replies - you stand head and shoulders above any customer support I have experienced (and I'm not even a customer yet!)
It obviously takes a chunk out of your day (and night), so hope you can keep it up!

If I could sneak in a few more questions:

I have decided to buy an X970T Europe with V7 and want the new improved Traffic antenna and the new improved mount.

1. Is the December 4th date for V7 DVD good for a X970T Europe with V7?
2. How do I make sure I get both the new antenna and the new mount and what visually identifies them from the earlier items?
trevor.dowle
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deepfour wrote:
One of the main differences is that we use aan authorised database which sticks to fixed cameras - This does include any which are in roadworks on the motorway.
Pocket GPS information is added to by the users - For Example -Where users see a mobile camera van they upload the info to the site to share with other users, but this info isnt checked by a third party.
We stick to the fixed known ones but I have found this database to be ok, don't forget we have a speed warner in V7 keyed intot eh speed limit for the road you are on so you could always try staying within the speed limit :wink:
Everyone disagrees about how useful different databases are but I think we all agree that the UK has far too many Speed Cameras!!!

Of course one could simply use the vMichelin fixed cameras, and use the PGPS mobiles and pmobiles.......

Trev Dowle
TomTom 730 T
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clive06 wrote:
Stuart,
Thanks for your prompt replies - you stand head and shoulders above any customer support I have experienced (and I'm not even a customer yet!)
It obviously takes a chunk out of your day (and night), so hope you can keep it up!

If I could sneak in a few more questions:

I have decided to buy an X970T Europe with V7 and want the new improved Traffic antenna and the new improved mount.

1. Is the December 4th date for V7 DVD good for a X970T Europe with V7?
2. How do I make sure I get both the new antenna and the new mount and what visually identifies them from the earlier items?

The x970T comes with the new antenna.... not sure about a new mount though. If you look at the x970t pictures on the store you can see the antenna is different to the wire one that comes with the x980t. (Still waiting to know if the same antenna can be made to work with the x980t with a new mount)
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to see a picture of V7 in use take a look at http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=97212&whichpage=8 Not sure who has it on an x970t already. Guess they must be a employee or a beta tester?
trevor.dowle
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deepfour wrote:
The new pring will come into effect when we release the new products which we expect to be towards the back end of the month.

All stock at retailers have is currently V6.5 with the free upgrade sticker. We have made arrangements to swap stock at most retailers when we launch to the new version although some retailers systems wont allow this and we will be able to create a situation where those retailers who cannot swap their stock can still reduce the pricing for their customers.

Hope this explains things - Dont forget that you can always enter the October competition on the site and win a new version.... :grin:

Stuart, I don't suppose v7 will be available as an upgrade for an X-950 by any chance?

Trev Dowle
TomTom 730 T
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Folks...Listen Up..Here's most of the answers you have been seeking:

1) Any X-950 can get a V7 upgrade if its V6 or later!

2)The X-980T has no new mount so still uses the wire antenna.

3) The X-970T and X-960 New Editions have new mounts which have a new quarter turn quick release system - Seen it today and its very easy to use and VERY secure.

4) The questions about Speed Camera database I will take up tomorrow with our head of Product Marketing...

Its been a long day here in Madrid and I have to present to the European Team tomorrow. I have a couple of slides in my presentation about these forums and customer requests......we do listen!!

Hope all is well back in England....I may be shot by the French tomorrow for metioning the Rugby too many times in my slides so if I go quiet you know who to blame!!

www.leyio.com

Keep your eyes open in 2009 for a new way to share and swap files......Leyio!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Clive06
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: New Mount AND New Antenna Reply with quote

Quote:
3) The X-970T and X-960 New Editions have new mounts which have a new quarter turn quick release system - Seen it today and its very easy to use and VERY secure.

......I may be shot by the French tomorrow for mentioning the Rugby too many times in my slides so if I go quiet you know who to blame!!

Stuart, thanks for the update - I think you'll find our Gallic friends prefer the Guillotine!

Bottom line is how and when can I purchase an X-970T (via the internet) and be sure it has both a New Mount and New Antenna?

(ie I can't open the box and take a peek)
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Re: New Mount AND New Antenna Reply with quote

Bottom line is how and when can I purchase an X-970T (via the internet) and be sure it has both a New Mount and New Antenna?

(ie I can't open the box and take a peek)[/quote]

Clive....Easiest thing to tell you is that anything which has New Edition on it and has the NEW box design (UK Language only) has the new mount. This stock will be with Retail and Etail customers by the end of next week!

If you look on a www.dabs.com the products are set up as V7 and you can pre order units for deliver when they come into stock.[/img]

www.leyio.com

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Clive06
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: new antenna Reply with quote

Quote:
Clive....Easiest thing to tell you is that anything which has New Edition on it and has the NEW box design (UK Language only) has the new mount. This stock will be with Retail and Etail customers by the end of next week!

Thanks Stu - that's very helpful and great news.
Sorry to labour the point, (I'm sure the answer is yes) but can you please also confirm that the "New Edition" will also have the new antenna?
I'm reaching for my credit card as I type this, very happy that I will not have to wait until December to get my sticky mits on one! Very Happy
EddyDC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A pity that the X980T doesn't have a new mount and antenna :-(

Deepfour wrote:

jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EddyDC wrote:
A pity that the X980T doesn't have a new mount and antenna :-(

Deepfour wrote:

I agree Sad Especially when it's still the 'flagship' top of the line model i.e has bigger screen and extra features over the x970
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Message for Clive

Yes the new mount for the X-970T uses the small paddle antenna!! Enjoy your purchase... Laughing

www.leyio.com

erniesone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deepfour wrote:

1) Any X-950 can get a V7 upgrade if its V6 or later!

The 'New Edition' safety and other features sound great (and the old version was not that bad) However, my main question is how much can we expect the basic mapping information to be improved in version 7?

It has already been mentioned that a flashing screen becomes annoying when you are doing 35mph in a 40mph zone. Even the Internet map does not show a local housing estate built 3 years ago and still has a dogleg in the main road through Stratford-upon-Avon - which was changed 20 years ago. In fact the junction does not exist on the route planner (or existing GPS) - try going from 22 Wood Street to 22 Masons Road, Stratford-upon-Avon if you want a run around the houses.

I appreciate that ViaMichelin do not draw the maps - but is V7 an updated map?
EddyDC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since viaMichelin uses Tele Atlas as mapping source, I would suggest that you report this on their site: http://www.teleatlas.com/ForConsumers/MapFeedback/index.htm
There you can see the current state of their maps too.

If you want to make sure if it's Tele Atlas or not, I would check things on eg mappy.com (also using TA) and then you know if it's a TA or VM problem and you report it to the correct provider.

erniesone wrote:

It has already been mentioned that a flashing screen becomes annoying when you are doing 35mph in a 40mph zone. Even the Internet map does not show a local housing estate built 3 years ago and still has a dogleg in the main road through Stratford-upon-Avon - which was changed 20 years ago. In fact the junction does not exist on the route planner (or existing GPS) - try going from 22 Wood Street to 22 Masons Road, Stratford-upon-Avon if you want a run around the houses.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 8 of 20

Jump to: