Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - average speed cams - incorrect readouts
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

average speed cams - incorrect readouts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tempestgrey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: average speed cams - incorrect readouts Reply with quote

I'm using a Myguide 3100 and have uploaded the camera database. All fine and dandy until approaching specs average speed cameras.
The unit then alerts and puts up a screen showing cameras and the speed limit in mph less 1 mph. It then shows the average speed that I'm travelling. Unfortunately this is miles out, it was showing average speed as 168 mph Shocked the other day when i was doing about 65 mph.

Is there a fix?.

Cheers.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is aknown bug with the igo software. not sure f there is a fix but another user posted a similar problem the other day...
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Mio 3.2 had awful speed cam speed readouts. The problem was that the MIO took the basic input and multiplied it by 8/5 to convert it to kph before display. This was true of ordinary cams and the average speed in a specs zone but NOT the specs zone warnng speed on approach.
Ar you sure that the readout is randomly bad, or is it the KPH version of the speed that you are doing in MPH I.e. 50MPH = 80KPH?
I have fixed this in my MIO by use of a lookup table in the user interface, but don't know whether this can be done in the Igo software, but suspect that it could.

trevor
foxtrotter
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: MyGuide Specs fault Reply with quote

My MyGuide has the same problem. In fact it keeps flashing up the warning with incorrect speed long after we have passed the end of the Specs camera area. In fact I have to close the Navigator software and reload it to get rid of the warning. - (haven't checked whether it's KPH yet)

Since I pass a set of fixed Specs regularly I may just take them out of the database before uploading.

Steve
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foxtrotter
In MioMap 3.2, which is rebadged iGo, if it 'misses' the last of a specs pair, tap the alert, and after a second or two, it disappears.
The software does not handle specs very well at all.
foxtrotter
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT

Thanks I'll try that.

Steve

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: