Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Destinator3 Doesn't recognize my SAN SD card
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Destinator3 Doesn't recognize my SAN SD card

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zipper9
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:17 am    Post subject: Destinator3 Doesn't recognize my SAN SD card Reply with quote

Hi
iv'e recently upgraded my destinator2 to the destinator3 software
from some reason , the software doesn't detect my SD card ( SAN 256 mb ), my PDA is IPAQ 5455 that was fully detectable under destinator2

after emailing their crappy help, i was suggested to take the card out and put it back in..and the usuall crap about manually copying the map..

does anyone experience any similiar problem with destinator3??

Izhak
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That software is very particular about the name of the card. If it doesn't appear under "Storage Card" then Destinator won't find it. (It may appear as "Storage Card 2" or whatever.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
zipper9
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Storage Card Reply with quote

Hi,
iv'e seen this answer in regards to destinator2 , however i can confirm that my storage card is appearing as "Storage Card"

Izhak
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On PPC2002 you used to get Storage Card and Storage Card2. Under WM2003 you now get SD Card and CF Card, however the default card (e.g. first card inserted since power up) is defaulted and mapped as Storage Card, so if it's not recognising it as Storage Card, then there may be an OS mapping issue here. I'd try a soft reset with the storage card out then when the PPC has reset, insert the storage card and try to connect via Active Sync and see if this helps.
zipper9
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: ipaq 5455 Reply with quote

Hi Dave,
thanks for the help, however my ipaq model is 5455, so i don't have any CF exapnsion slot anyway,
iv'e also used "pocket mechanic" to check for the name of the card..and it is " Storage Card"
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but the dymanic link may be confused, hence why I suggested try ejecting the storage card, soft resetting iPAQ and placing it back in, to see if it makes any difference. It doesn't matter whether you have a CF slot or not, it does sound like the OS is confused. I don't know how Destinator looks at picking the storage card, but it's probably something behind the scenes that isn't being reported properly back to Destinator.
Genie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran into the same problem whilst setting up Destinator 3 on a friends Ipaq 4150. Destinator 3 would not recognise the storage card, and so could not install the maps to the sd storage card. Since there is only one slot nothing could be done.

I spent hours checking registry settings and all sorts.

I finally found a solution.

When you cut a map it copies the map portion to you PC hard drive, so I did this for South East England to test it out.

On the SD Card I created a folder called Paradigm.

I copied the map from the his hard drive to the Paradigm folder I created on the SD Card (the whole map folder).

Hey presto. All working fine. Thumbs Up
cablejf111
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: same problem Reply with quote

Getting the same problem and its driving me nuts. I tired to cut the maps and i got two dirs to the c: dir. The dirs are forcutting and start. Since i am new to this, where are the maps that i needed to copy to the pda?? Under the Forcutting dir i have a USAS dir and within it there is a huge USAS zip file. Is that the maps?? I tired to copy the whole file to the pda but my pda refuse to copy it. Do i need to unzip it first?

Any suggestions?? thanks

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: