Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom One Third Edition
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom One Third Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rover220
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you dont need to use manage poi to get the pgps databse to work ever, nor do you need to delete the tomtom database, i did on mine however as it got annoying having double warnings..

its really very very easy to get the pgps database on and working and even get the voice commands working too, will take just 2 or 3 minutes once downloaded.

hth
Kar98
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freedomwalker wrote:
Since the
'Manage POI' has been omitted on the One, do I therefore require to make a Custom Menu first before I could add pocketgps camera files to my One?

All you have to do is drop the ov2 and bmp files into your map folder, and you're done.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You only need "Manage POIs" if you want to add your own POIs and POI categories or edit/delete POIs directly on the machine.

you can still add them using a PC, and the "Warn when near" settings are still available in the reduced menu.

But it's not difficult to add the custom menu, and you can just delete it again to get back to where you started if you don't like it.
Freedomwalker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the inputs! I managed to read abit more on the subject and looks like is just a matter of drag & drop to the Maps folder.

On a different topic, today when I connect to TT Home, I updated from the avaialble updates and noticed that I have installed not only UK updates but also updates for a number of European Countries too! I noticed there are voices/speed/Radar files for ES/IT/BE etc...although they are only small files, can I delete them from pc without messing up the One?? Also is there a way of showing the battery level without tapping the bottom right corner of the screen whilst using the One?? Cheers again.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would delete the speed camera files from the European countries also the additional voices, if its a UK version One you have this is a mistake as you shouldn't have even been offered those files in the first place, they are only for the Euro version of the device.
The battery indicator is only available from tapping lower right corner, I am not aware of any other method to display it - Mike
Freedomwalker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike. Yeah the updates that was available included European and UK items, but I somehow pressed the 'update all' and now have these on my One. I had a look in the voices folder and there are 122 items there, but they are all in a format like this data 00.chk, data 00.vif, data 01.chk, data 01.vif etc... so which ones to delete since there are no descriptions from these data.vif and data.chk files??
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you open the .vif file using NotePad it will tell you what the voice file associated with a certain number actually is, the English speaking voices.

data04.chk is Tim UK
data05.chk is Jane UK
data06.chk is Ken Aussy
data07.chk is Lori USA
data08.chk is Bonnie USA
data09.chk is Richard USA
data16.chk is Mandy USA

The above files are the ones loaded when it leaves the factory - Mike
Freedomwalker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, will do that. Cheers Mike.
carl_w
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jack880 wrote:
the map correction thing is crap though - today i was driving up the A10, and the tomtom said that all the flyovers were exits - i could see no way to correct this. It has a correction for motorway exits, but as the A10 is not a motorway it didn't work.... useless........
Yes, the mapping data sucks round there. I tried fixing it by putting a "no right turn into" and "no left turn into" both from and to the A10 on each flyover, but it still doesn't work. Interestingly this fault is only present on the Western Europe 1GB map -- on the Western and Central Europe (~2GB) it's OK and routes you correctly up the old pre-bypass A10 if, for example, you want to go to White Hills golf club. Both map versions are 710.1561.
Mr_Bee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Sorry if this has already been answered, but its a couple of quick questions to those that would know anyway, and it saves me reading through 13 pages!!

I am considering getting a TT one V3....

1) In Mikes review on page 1, the instructions are shown up the right hand side of the screen, .can you have them accross the bottom instead??

2) I am never going to drive abroad, so would probably get the UK version - is there room to add speed cam database?

3) Speed cams - can I use the pgpsw database on the one V3? does it conflict with any pre-installed TT speed cam databases. Or is the TT database as good as the forums?

4) Do you get any sort of free map updates from TT? - I don't mean the map share, I mean the real map of roads as new ones are built. And is this updatable regularly, or only with a map cd once a year like Garmin do?

Many many thanks everyone Smile
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you can have the info bar across the bottom or down the side, at the time of writing the post the new method was down the side so I chose to show that off, I should have added you can switch between either mode though.

There is plenty of spare space to add POI files, spoken alerts to compliment the Speed Cameras even another map if ever the need arose. What you couldn't do later though is install a full seamless Euro or USA map as there isn't sufficient memory in the device to house these types of maps. Single country or states will install fine though.

The Pocket GPS World Speed Camera database works fine on the One Third Edition, I would personally remove the TT database to avoid double warnings for some of the cameras. The TT Database has improved but its no comparison to the one from this site.

You get a free map upgrade guarantee card in the box, this will allow a single map upgrade to the latest map version within the first 28 days of ownership. At least this makes sure that at the time of purchase you can have the latest available which may not be what is installed to the device. After the 28 days have elapsed you would have to pay for any new maps, the maps are obtained via the internet, so you really do need a broadband connection for downloading files of this type and size - Mike
Mr_Bee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent info Mike, thanks very much, that has helped me to decide I think I'll get one of these Thumbs Up

I'm borrowing my mates TT One version 2 at the moment, and am quite impressed with it, nice and clear instructions.

I guess the TT speed cam database is quite easy to remove and replace with the pgpsw one then?, as the TT one would be pre-installed at time of purchase.

Do you know how much map updates cost by the way?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The GB map is currently £39:95 but you will get the latest map with the device or via the map guarantee system, a short while back the maps were on special offer and cost £10 less, so when you need to update a map keep an eye out for lower prices.

As for removing the TT Speed Cameras have a read through some of the FAQ guides, backing up is essential and should be done before you do anything with the unit, see #1 on This Page and #13 will give you a clue as to speed camera removal - Mike
MickEP
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: USA Maps Reply with quote

Hi Everyone Very Happy
I am new to the Forum and wondering if anyone could please give me some info.

I have Ordered a TT1 v3 Europe, I am just waiting for it to be delivered
I am planning a holiday to Florida (Orlando) and was wondering if there would be enough memory to install the Southeast USA map (or if there a compatible map for just Florida available) from the TT Site,and still have enough room for custom POI, Voices etc.

Cheers for any info
Mick
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, someone local for a change. If you can return the device you might want to consider the TomTom 720 as this is a far more capable device, Comet have them for under 170 at the moment which is probably cheaper than what you have paid - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 13 of 18

Jump to: