Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GTM Firmware 4.50 available
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GTM Firmware 4.50 available

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BAVC10
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: GTM Firmware 4.50 available Reply with quote

After 4.40 and 4.30 were pulled Garmin have no added 4.50 which is available through webupdater.

Driving down the M6 / M40 this morning I recorded over 2,000 messages (via the diagnostics screens - can't remember seeing this many before).

Changes from version 4.40 to version 4.50:
Improve support for multiple free services
Improve Canadian traffic support

Changes from version 4.30 to version 4.40:
Fix possible station lockout problem in Canada

Changes from version 4.20 to version 4.30:
Add support for TULIP hardware
Add support for Canadian traffic
Improve tuning speed, add non-volatile memory of last-tuned channel

Changes from version 4.10 to version 4.20:
Factory diagnostics changes only. No operational changes.

Changes from version 4.00 to version 4.10:
Fix alternate FM station handover problem in U.K.

Changes from version 3.90 to version 4.00:
Fix service provider lock in UK.
Improve acquisition time in U.S.
adrian_anastas
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those looking, but not responding...

This has improved my message reception from the 4.40 GTM version I have used before, but only slighty. I still have issues receiving messages when signal strength is below 25, and I have to get strength of about 30 to lock onto the station.
PlaneApart
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Adrian - little if any improvement to previous versions.

What gripes me, is the reluctance of the GTM12 when, although receiving intermittent data from a more distant source, it still refuses to swop to a closer, much stronger signal.

Try going A31, A3, M25, M23 Gatwick.

Intermittent data on the Hogs Back from CH187 (Crystal Palace?).
Loses it around Guildford - M25.
Ch187 again approaching Leatherhead.
Reigate Hill - transmitter site for CH152 - You can't get much closer, but still sticks to CH187.
Last week it was the off-slip at Gatwick before CH152 took control - signal strength 40+ - 10 miles past the closest transmittter!

Although it usually locks onto CH152 earlier, I've usually passed Reigate Hill.

We don't mind where it gets data from, but it would seem to be better if it could accept data from any transmitter in range, rather than stubbornly stick with a transmitter and only change when the original is beyond range.

Doesn't resolve the poor coverage elsewhere though.......
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upgraded yesterday.

Still getting messages at about same rate (using connection to external car aerial). Signal level roughly the same.

I have noticed that the second light (the one showing scan status) when amber (ie not locked on) tends to flash off for a very short period every now and then. Never noticed this behaviour before.

When it finds a lock - it stays solid green.
madhatter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I applied the 4.50 firmware on Monday and since then the unit never picked up a single TMC, also i noticed the same with the amber light going off. I noticed that areas that i used to get green TMC i no longer get lock. I phoned Garmin who were useless and suggested that i re apply the update. The support woman said they had had a email from there head office saying it needed to be applied twice???? I tried to explain to her that it is no longer offered on the webupdater as it has been applied.

Feeing pretty fed up i have had my garmin 660 for 5mths. so i returned it to Halfords and quoted not fit for purpose as it seems to have no tmc since Monday. The assistant first tried to argue with me then said if he could get arma from Garmin he would exchange it. Well what do you know he got the rma but said the 660 was discontinued and they had the 660fm but this was about £40 more. I said that is not what the price tag says next to the display model. He said it was incorrect however he would let me have one as a straight exchange. However Garmin had said if it get any tmc at all it works ok and would not rma if it happened again. I told him it got no tmc since Monday in areas it had previously got tmc.

A good result a new updated 660 to 660 FM and another year of warranty.

We will just have to see about the tmc next time i go out just updated to 4.50 again.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: