Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Lost Kate Voice
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Lost Kate Voice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pongo-Pilot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Lost Kate Voice Reply with quote

I've trawled through the forum and can't find any solutions to this . . .

I recently bought a GO910 and was very happy with it, including the TTS aspect.

After installing the PGPSW camera database, I ran a TT Home update which installed the TT camera database and deleted the PGPSW database. Evil or Very Mad

I deleted the TT database and reinstalled the PGPSW cameras and set off the next morning. It was then that I realised that there was no TTS anymore. When I got back, I checked and noticed that Kate had gone AWOL!

I've searched my device, my computer and the installation CD and can't find her anywhere! Crying or Very sad

Unfortunately, as I've only had the device a couple of weeks, I haven't yet done a "backup" and so have nothing to "roll back" to. Embarassed

Does anyone have any ideas where I can find the relevant files to reinstall Kate and get my TTS back? Your advice & assistance would be much appreciated.

Regards,
PP

Edited to add: I also lost the Western Europe Map which I had to download from TT and pay for Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by Pongo-Pilot on Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Connect the 910 to the PC, bin the TomTom Home application and use Windows Explorer to view the contents of the 910's drive, locate the Loquendo folder, right click it and select properties, what is the reported file size it should be around 4GB - Mike
Pongo-Pilot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only 179MB . . . although it does have the following folders with some files in there (whether they're complete is, of course, another matter!!)

EnglishGb
EnglishTE
EnglishUs
French
lib
PortuguesePt
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will need to contact TomTom support directly and hope they can arrange for a download to be made available to you for the missing voice files, your device should indicate arounf 4GB as the size for the Loquendo folder.
As for the missing Map, this should still be on your PC, so you can re-install it using TomTom Home.
The TomTom support phone number is 0845 161 0009 but that is for UK customers, it might be a different number from Germany - Mike
Pongo-Pilot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

Thanks very much for your advice. Unfortunately, the map wasn't on my hard drive so I had to "bite the bullet" and pay for the new one.

I shall give TomTom a call this afternoon as I'm in the UK this week.

Thanks again!

Regards,

PP
Pongo-Pilot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok . . . for other users who may have a similar problem . . .

I spoke to TomTom today and unfortunately, they cannot arrange for a download. The device needs to be returned to have the computer voices reinstalled.

I have to say that the chap on the phone was very helpful and has advised me that he will send me a repair number by email. With this email, I take the device to the post office and return it to the workshop. It should then take about 5 - 7 working days for the device to be repaired.

If there is any other information I get regarding this problem, I'll post on here so that everyone is aware.

Cheers, Mike!

Regards,

PP
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would still think the map you downloaded will still be on the PC unless you took action to delete it, to find the specific location start up TomTom Home on the PC and find the Folder Preferences option from the tool bar, it will be under file or preferences.One of the three drive addresses will be for downloads, make a note of this file path.
Start Windows Explorer and have a look in the folder noted down above, you should find the map - Mike
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As another thought if you know anyone with a back up of a 910 on their PC you could take a copy of the Loquendo folder and put that on your device.

Before anyone starts shouting about piracy the 910 Loquendo folder can only be used on a 910 device, it is not like copying/ sharing a map which I would never offer as advice.

TomTom really should have supplied a DVD with the voices files on, as the Home software on the early versions even messed up the Loquendo folder - trust me it took me a couple of hours recovering a device from this very situation.

When you do get the unit recovered and working please make a full back up to the PC using Windows Explorer, it is a hard lesson to learn when you find you need that all important back up - Mike
UK2007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SORRY Deleted my post Very Happy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: