Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tomtom one V3 keeps rebooting at random
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomtom one V3 keeps rebooting at random
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buddy07
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to say a big thanks to everyone on this thread and to TomTom themselves for saving me the panic of taking mine back to the (virtual) shop. My reboots got worse and worse through 3000-odd miles to the south of Spain and back, and I was just considering returning it before I read this and installed the update. Haven't used it yet but the reports above are promising.

Cheers!
neph
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all.

Just to update my experience with my TomTom One Third.

Just did about 600 Kilometers today, with costum poi's , mapshare, etc enabled, and it didnt reboot once.

The Update to the 7.131 version solved all my problems.

Cheers Wink
sprawlsy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just completed a 380 mile trip (following installation of the update) and have had no further reboot problems. What I did notice was that the audible alarm for the speed camera alerts (TT version) has changed.

Hope others are having no problems now.

Si
kiwi69
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a couple of weeks since the last update post... Does this mean TT have fixed this rebooting problem with its fix updates?
neph
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiwi69 wrote:
It's been a couple of weeks since the last update post... Does this mean TT have fixed this rebooting problem with its fix updates?

Yes, its all working perfectly fine now, using custom POI's, mapshare, etc etc

They fixed it Smile
technics
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: TomTom One (3rd Edition) Freezing Up Reply with quote

I've had my unit a couple of weeks and already it has started to "Hang". Initally it was on the start-up screen but after various "Fixes" offered by Tom Tom Support including formatting etc the unit starts and goes through the initial setup process until it gets to select voice. The unit hangs at this point whether I select a voice or cancel. I have tried repeating this with all voices removed but it still does the same.
My problem is the unit was not bought by me. The seller got it when purchasing a new car (Vauxhall I think). As such there is nowhere to take the unit back to to exchange it. I received it new , boxed and sealed and, as I said it worked perfectly initially.
Tom Tom support have now passed this on to their second level support but after a week there is still no reply from them. TT Support tell me they are rather busy with a backlog at the moment !!!!!!!!!!
Can anyone advise re the problem or, how I stand re not having a receipt.
Thanks

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: