Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New problem with TT Home 2.0
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New problem with TT Home 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davidrew wrote:
I don't use the Handsfree phone option so can't comment on that.
With reference to the other thread, do you have a bluetooth link for a phone set up?

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
teecee90
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:

Use Windows Explorer to look into ...
Documents & Settings\Your name\My Documents\Tom Tom, to see what you've still got.

Nothing...just the latest navcore and latest backup (post Home 2 installation).

Evil or Very Mad

I've been in touch with Handtec and they have issued me a returns authorisation but I have to return it at my own cost for testing before they will replace it. How did you manage to get them to collect and replace yours at the same time?
eddieTM
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Replaced by Comet Reply with quote

Took my TTGO720 back to Comet and had it exchanged. Cool NOW I am unsure if I want to connect it to TTHome at all. As I have already had TTHome 2 installed on my PC will it be doomed before I start?
It still does not work with my Motorolla V3 PAYG (I can hear the caller okay but they can't hear me! Confused all they get is a very loud buzzing sound) So that had nothing to do with the firmware it seems.

Eddie

TTGO720(2) NO TTHome (as yet)
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

teecee90 wrote:

Nothing...just the latest navcore and latest backup (post Home 2 installation).

How did you manage to get them to collect and replace yours at the same time?

Hmm. The stuff I have in My Docs is all pretty old (year or more) - from before I got wise to using Win Explorer for backups. Maybe it was from older (not "New Improved") versions of Home.

I don't know why Handtec have treated us differently. I didn't approach them in a tough manner, just said I'd got problems, was an experienced GO user and had seen lotsa problems on pgpsw website and needed it replaced. They said TT said try disabling firewall and anti-virus. I said it didn't do any good, so it needed to be replaced. They said OK. Three emails each way, of which the third in each case was merely to identify when it would be delivered/collected. Timing was
Me - 20th August 11:06
Handtec - 20th Aug 16:32
Me - 20th, 17:25
Handtec 20th, 17:58
Me - 20th, 18:10
Handtec - 21st, 14:48.
There were more words than that, but I said nothing confrontational or fierce - I wasn't at that stage yet. I was privately prepared to drive over there (180 miles each way) if it got bad, but it didn't. My experience with Handtec has been completely good (assuming they deliver inside the next hour or so now) and I'm sorry to hear yours hasn't. If they had started to become negative, so would I, but it didn't happen.

Instant update Whilst I'm writing this (rubbish typist), doorbell at 08:20 and here's the nice CityLink lady person with my new 720.

Edit for the more observant of pedants here - the site clock is 10 minutes slow, it's not me putting down times in advance!

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
tedkay
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN

I too have good things to report about my supplier The Navigation Company.

I emailed them on Monday morning briefly describing the problems I have experienced with my 720. They emailed back within minutes agreeing to my request for a replacement unit and providing an RMA number. No quibbles.

I sent the unit back the same day. Their website gives an estimated 7 day turnaround for replacements and I consider that reasonable - so all going well I should have the replacement soon (I hope I don't have to eat these words !).

My problem will be what to do with the new 720 - should I try and connect it to TT Home and set up the Traffic subscrition I have paid for (I have emailed their support site asking how to transfer it from the old 720 to the new one ...) and risk starting the whole sorry mess again, or should I simply back it up via WE and wait a while until TT sort out their software ... ??
mikentl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hindsight wrote:
Has anyone had a reply from TT on the XULrunner.exe problem with Home2? It seems from the posts that not everybody is experiencing it - it's not an exclusive Vista problem either as it also happens on my XP machine.

I sent them an email, but haven't had a reply yet. I would have thought that, with all this noise on the subject, they would have issued a fix by now.

This 720 is my first TomTom and I must say, I'm somewhat disappointed at the number of bugs that folks are reporting. It clearly wasn't ready for prime time.

Look at this thread
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=58812
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tedkay wrote:
My problem will be what to do with the new 720 - should I try and connect it to TT Home and set up the Traffic subscrition I have paid for (I have emailed their support site asking how to transfer it from the old 720 to the new one ...) and risk starting the whole sorry mess again, or should I simply back it up via WE and wait a while until TT sort out their software ... ??
Mine is now on charge, and I have already backed it up using Windows Explorer.
This time I intend to get it right. I desperately need Tom Tom's email address - how can everybody send emails and me not know the address - the only way I know of contacting them is the long route through the questions on the Support page, which doesn't have a section for the x20 models, so I'm stuck. Where am I going wrong?? What email address have you been using - PLEASE?

I did type GO720 in their search box and it came back with 0 results.
I typed GO 720 (with space) and it came back with 142 questions. I have looked at all of them and I cannot seem to find my first question - I have my old, replaced 720 still shown as my account device - How do I delete that and replace it with my new one?

This time I'm not moving until TT tell me what to do.
This time, I'm not going to use my skill and judgement, I'm not going to use pgpsw members' skill and judgement, I'm going to use Tom Tom's horses mouth and get it right according to them.

So please tell me the email address.

Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
So please tell me the email address.
http://www.tomtom.com/support/rightnow.php?Page=ask.php&Login=1&ID=5 and Login.

And yes there is a drop down entry for the 720. Smile

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
tedkay
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN

Use the option for the GO on the support page - they deal with the message in the usual way (tardily !) - it asks you for the model of the device etc at the start of your message.

If it's any use to you I have some miscellaneous conntact info - I don't know how up to date it is:

TomTom
Spuistraat 112-114
1012 VA Amsterdam
The Netherlands
Phone: 0031 20 4469 469
Fax number : 0031 20 850 10 97 or 003120 850 1099

Chairman: Harold Goddijn

TomTom Support tt-uk@tomtom.com
TomTom UK Customer Support 0845 161 0009 (open from 10:00 AM till 5:00 PM). This number used to be a waste of space but I have found that they answer reasonably quickly now (however there is a rather ominous warning about delays on their website at the moment - probably the result of hundreds of 720 owners complaining ...)

Crikey you're taking a chance 'use TomToms horses mouth and get it right according to them' - have you forgotten that it is their 'expertise' that got you into this mess in the first place - and if I remember rightly wasn't it you that their 'experts' advised to go online minus Firewall & Anti-Virus ? When my new one comes I might give it to my 3 year old grandson to sort out - he'll probably be at least as useful as the TT geniuses !
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tedkay wrote:
Crikey you're taking a chance 'use TomToms horses mouth and get it right according to them' - have you forgotten that it is their 'expertise' that got you into this mess in the first place - and if I remember rightly wasn't it you that their 'experts' advised to go online minus Firewall & Anti-Virus ? When my new one comes I might give it to my 3 year old grandson to sort out - he'll probably be at least as useful as the TT geniuses !
Agree entirely. BUT your grandson will not be in a position to give you a new one if that one doesn't work AND Tom Tom will say he jiggered it, so you don't get nuthin'. My way should give me access to a lifetime of free replacements, maybe one of them will work (probably just before they bring out the 790). Oh and I was minus firewall and anti-virus for less then three minutes. OK, so that's long enough for the hackers to kidnap my wife and children, steal all my Koi carp, pillage my fields and burn down my mansion (several times over), but (so far) they haven't.

tedkay
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
Oh and I was minus firewall and anti-virus for less then three minutes. OK, so that's long enough for the hackers to kidnap my wife and children, steal all my Koi carp, pillage my fields and burn down my mansion (several times over), but (so far) they haven't.

I was wondrin'if you had a website link for the people who kidnap wives and children - the kids have gone but the wife refuses to budge ......
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tedkay wrote:
I was wondrin'if you had a website link for the people who kidnap wives and children - the kids have gone but the wife refuses to budge ......
Sorry, I'm afraid not. But try this - buy her a TT GO720 and get her to use the speech recognition to navigate to Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndropwllllantisiliogogogogh. Wink

tedkay
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She won't use a TomTom - she resents the nice clear instructions that she has never been able to manage in the 25 years we have been getting lost together !

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"
stuart
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: New machine Reply with quote

DennisN. What is you new machine due for delivery next month.Is it a Tardis. Smile
eddieTM
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Money back on TomTom 720 Reply with quote

Well today after going through "The Fix" to get Home 2 working (DISABLING BLUETOOTH) - and for a while it did! Well one connection anyway. Oh yes and after Home detecting my new replacement had a different serial number (you can only change account every six months - unless you contact TomTom so beware anyone with a current subscription to gatsos and/or traffic.
First it stubbornly refused to update speed camera - never mind I would go back to that (I thought) So went through backing it up (explorer) and then setting it up the way I wanted, with all my POI - IT CRASHED - removed it from the cradle re booted it - put back on cradle and we are back to square one. One hour later it was back in the store room of comet in Birkenhead and I had my money put back on my card.

Funny though the manager said he hasn't heard of ANY problems with them! Still, he refunded me nontheless. I know of at lest 2 returns just in the last few days - MINE!

Just in case of the remote possibility that they actually manage to get a working system going. I hope that this helps others not to be fooled into thinking TomTom have actually got a workaround, THAT WORKS. And maybe WAIT until they actually have, before connecting to tthome2 better still wait until version 3 comes out ;)

so I am back on TTN5 on an 2210 iPaq for now - anyone tried the ViaMichelin yet?

Eddie

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: