Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mapshare - roundabouts added?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mapshare - roundabouts added?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LB-Greg
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Mapshare - roundabouts added? Reply with quote

There are lots of reports of street names and blocked / unblocked roads being updated by Mapshare; but is anyone aware of new roundabouts making into an update?

Are there any locations to check?
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roundabouts are a reportable issue, not a user-correctable one.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ONLY the 5 items on the first page of the Map Corrections menu have an instant effect (or will be downloaded to others via Mapshare).

All other options are just reported to TomTom like in the old days (as it implies by the icon), so once YOU have done the work to notify them, THEY will then charge you for the new map that uses them. Clever eh?

So basically, all that you can alter on your map and share with others at the moment are:
1. Direction of traffic flow (that covers both the "Block/Unblock" AND the "Reverse direction" options)
2. Rename a street
3. Add/Move/Delete a POI.

But it's early days I guess...
LB-Greg
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tim / Andy

So we are sold out of date maps then have to pay again to make them upto date! You could argue that all maps are just a snapshot at a point intime; but some errors on maps have been there for years.

Can you image the "let's get our customers to update the map and then charge them to use them" meeting at Tom Tom. Genius idea.

It should be first to submit an error get a lifetime subscription to Mapshare - seems fair to me! Smile
rjgreaves
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

look at this sorry tale about new roundabouts and new roads.... (start at the bottom and work upwards)

Quote:

Map Upgrade

Discussion Thread
Customer 23/11/2007 07.16 PM
Here are the plans for the new link road, which is now open, I have reported this to you, but you are waiting for more poeple to report it?

beggar's belief....

http://www.lancscc.gov.uk/environment/env_highways/roads/eavesgreen/plans/genplan.htm

as for the modelling on the roundabouts on kirkam bypass, I have now given up on this change. maybe one I will see this (most likely on Garmin first)

Response (Zoe Z. (UK)) 23/11/2007 03.17 PM

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support with regards to your map updates.

When you report map corrections it needs to be reported by a number of customers and then confirmed by TomTom and will then be available for you to download on your map version 705.

With Best Regards

The TomTom Customer Support Team

Customer 21/11/2007 05.26 PM
so, 2 months later, where is this update? is it on v710 of the maps, but acording to tomtom home I have the latest version of 705?

do the map updates go on both versions of the map, or just the newer one, which I don't have an I am expected to pay £39 just over a month after purchase of my 720?

why is garmin have free map updates for a year?

Response (Zoe Z. (UK)) 21/11/2007 03.06 PM
Dear ,

May we apologise for the delay in responding to your query.

If it was added as a correction it should be saved to your device. If you reported the roundabout it will then be sent to our database, when you connect to a computer, and checked ny our team. Once the correction has been confirmed it will be available as an update when you next connect to the computer.

With Best Regards

Customer 16/11/2007 05.48 PM
so the roundabout I added last month via mapshare, where is this? I doesn't appear on my map?

Response (Zoe Z. (UK)) 16/11/2007 09.36 AM

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support with regards to your map.

It was not possible to update your map via Map Share 12 months ago. It is now possible on our new maps with Map Share capabilities to correct your own map and also to report map corrections to the Map Share community. Once you join the Map Share community every time you connect your device to the computer you will receive small updates for your map and share your own reported updates.

For more information please go to www.tomtom.com/7244 or consult your manual.

With Best Regards

Customer 15/11/2007 05.39 PM
so, if I understand this correctly, I update the map via mapshare eg the new roundabout on kirkam bypass, which I did 12 months ago, and then again last month. but this doesn't show untill the next map update, but there has just been an update? so I have provided the information to you and teleatlas, and now I get to pay to see this on the next map?

something is wrong here?

Response (Zoe Z. (UK)) 15/11/2007 11.28 AM

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support with regards to your map.

The Latest Map Guarantee offer is only available for the first 30 days of purchase. However Map Share allows you to update your maps as you go along so there is not much point in purchasing the latest map.

With Best Regards

Should you wish to update your TomTom Question, please log in to your TomTom account via the TomTom website.
Click on 'Support - My Questions History', click on the title of your question then click on 'Update Question'.

You can also attach documents to the question by clicking on 'Browse' and find the document you wish to attach to the question, then click on 'Add Attachment'.

Customer 11/11/2007 03.05 PM
I have map version 705.1480, and understand that 710 version is available, but tomtom home says I have the latest version (in map guarantee? how do I download this update?

this was purchased 25/9/07.

Hartsa
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjgreaves wrote:
look at this sorry tale about new roundabouts and new roads.... (start at the bottom and work upwards)

The Latest Map Guarantee offer is only available for the first 30 days of purchase. However Map Share allows you to update your maps as you go along so there is not much point in purchasing the latest map.

The support knowledge??? There is on the page https://www.tomtom.com/latestmap/ mentioned:
- You can check as many times as you like within 30 days from the date you first use your TomTom device.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: