Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom HOME v2.0.0.366 working?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom HOME v2.0.0.366 working?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killarachris wrote:
@ technik

try the suggestion in this thread
That's only a suggested DIY work around, reverting to previous versions of software/firmware. The device is faulty and should be returned for exchange.

I emailed Handtec about mine this morning and within one and a half hours of their first response (4:30pm today) they agreed to collect and deliver a replacement at my convenience. Looks good.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
technik
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally I have TT Home 2.0.0.370 working! Laughing Laughing

I restored my 720 back to my first windows explorer original backup.

Uninstalled TT Home 2 and then, using Regedit, and find, deleted virtually all references to TomTom from the Windows Vista registry that it would let me delete. (I did see references to XULRunner in the registry.)

Rebooted my PC.
Installed TT Home 1.6 from the CD that came with the 720
(Note: Operate My Go does not work with 1.6)
Disconnected from Home 1.6.
Installed TT Home2 Release candidate1
Got the Operate My Go working, and then closed the program.
Disconnected and reconnected My 720 from the USB socket.
Connect back into the RC1 version of TT Home2 and accept to install the latest version of Home2.
Disconnected my 720 while this Home2 update was installing.
After the install finished, then reconnected my 720.
TT Home2 starts up, and select Operate My Go, and accept the download for my device.
Now my 720 still works with latest version of Home2. Very Happy Very Happy

What could be easier! Rolling Eyes Laughing

I followed this procedure on my laptop without touching the registry, as had not installed on that XP laptop before, and it worked perfect first time.

Still not got my traffic working, but that's another seperate problem!
technik
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now it's not working again! after disconnecting and reconnecting.

Grrrrr. Rolling Eyes
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

technik wrote:

Grrrrr. Rolling Eyes

Send it back and get a new one!! What would you do if you were a newbie and didn't know beans? These things are supposed to work out of the box (and forever after). Even I should be able to work one. Mad

Skwark
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

technik wrote:

Grrrrr. Rolling Eyes

Same result here. On first upgrade to 7.010 all was fine, but as soon as I reconnected it wanted to download the navcore engine again and hey presto - XULRunner bombs
tedkay
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After all the aggro I have had with the various versions of TT Home over the last few days, and then finding that the hard drive & hands-free speaker on my 720 was shot the device has gone back for a replacement. Obviously when I get the new unit I will want to do a nice new clean install of TT Home (after I first do a full Windows Explorer backup !). But I am a bit concerned that there will be some nasty bits and pieces left over from TT Home so I (rather optimistically) sent this to TT:

I have just had to send my 720 back for replacement due to various faults. Like many others (see the forums on PocketGPS World) I had issues using TT Home 2.0 ( I suspect that this program caused a lot of the issues on the device). I have uninstalled TT Home 2.0 but I am concerned that because several updates were issued last week my system may have remnants of the various updates in the Registry and elsewhere, and when I get my replacement 720 this may cause further issues when I install TT Home again.
I note that the standard TT Home uninstaller does not do a complete uninstall (it does not remove the TomTom folders in My Documents, Application Data, Program Files etc. nor does it remove Registry data).
So can you supply me with a complete uninstaller which I can use to remove all traces of TT Home from my system to enable me to start 'clean' when I get my replacement 720 ?

It'll be interesting to see what they come back with ....[/i]
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd result this morning.
I thought I'd install the latest cameras which downloaded last night onto my GO710 - which will not connect to TT updates via the new all singing, all dancing Home, presumably until they release a version for x00 and x10 models.
However, it recognised a GO and fired up Home. So I thought, what the heck and clicked on "Operate your GO". It downloaded the file successfully and I was able to use the virtual 710.
So I thought, what the heck and connected the 720. Having changed the account for the 710 it wouldn't let me until I changed account. Then "Operate your GO" - downloaded and crashed at XULRunner.

SO IT MUST BE THE GO ITSELF?

Anyway, I'm just waiting to hear when my new one will come.

Skwark
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:

Not so much the device but the current version of the navcore engine it downloads to operate the x20 range (i.e. v7) I think. They just botched the release and I'm sure they'll update it when they get a break from all those escalated support calls! Wink
tedkay
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skwark wrote:
DennisN wrote:

Not so much the device but the current version of the navcore engine it downloads to operate the x20 range (i.e. v7) I think. They just botched the release and I'm sure they'll update it when they get a break from all those escalated support calls! Wink

Oh Bless – poor old TomTom - plagued by naughty customers who buy their products and then have the gall to expect them to work !

Surprised
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a delivery to Nottingham last Friday and on the way back, happened to drive along Brian Clough Way. At the time, I honestly thought, Now there's a guy they could have done with at Tom Tom - I can just hear him "Never mind the escalating support calls - Fix the thing today, young man, that'll stop them!!"

Having said which, who'd be a TT support call receiver right now?

Having said "having said which", I and my supplier (Handtec) are satisfied it's the device itself, so they are going to replace it.

teecee90
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Another bug? Reply with quote

For some reason, I cant set the POI warnings from within Home. I only get the option to set one of the bells/whistles.......I cant enter my own spoken warning.

I can do it directly in the device, but not via home....which would have been easier using the computer keyboard.
WafuDude
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, this is one of the things I'm hoping TT will sort out. Everything that uses the Computer Voice is disabled when using TT Home. I don't think it is anything wrong with our actual unit... Just bad software setup/design from the people at TT. Rolling Eyes
Outlander
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, since I had lots of problems connecting my phone after the first update I have not risked downloading anything from tom tom. I have reinstalled my original back up through windows explorer, phone now works sometimes so I to think there are remains of the former update still in there some where.

Now from what I’m getting from this thread is that connecting and up dating from home 2 up the 720, am I right or have I missed something. Remembering I can use a computer but when you start talking reg edit and CHKDSK and doing this that and the other you loose me.

Right now for the big one. How do I know if my unit is OK or if it has some underlying problems?

It does seemed to me we just don’t learn, tom tom bring knew toy out we rush out and buy it, it doesn’t work properly and we say well next time I’ll wait until all the bugs are sorted and they are known to work properly. So then tom tom bring knew toy out we all rush out and buy it and, well the rest is history. deja vu. So defiantly next time I’ll wait until all bugs are sorted. Unless I forget.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outlander wrote:
It does seemed to me we just don’t learn, tom tom bring knew toy out we rush out and buy it, it doesn’t work properly and we say well next time I’ll wait until all the bugs are sorted and they are known to work properly. So then tom tom bring knew toy out we all rush out and buy it and, well the rest is history. deja vu. So defiantly next time I’ll wait until all bugs are sorted. Unless I forget.
Aaaaaah!! There, despite the Grace of God go I. I could weep for myself. I told myself for weeks before it reached the High Street Colliers, that I would NOT buy the 720 until all you lot had sorted it out. But what happened? On 1st August I got on the internet and paid extra £22.50 or so to have one delivered before 9:30am on the 2nd. I'm disgusted with myself. What a dumbo! Will I never learn? The replacement one arrived 4 hours ago and I'd said I wouldn't touch it until I'd asked Tom Tom how to deal with it - but it's charged up and I've already reconfigured it. Smack, smack, smack. Idiot! Worse! I sold off my GO700 a fortnight ago, thinking I'd got a winner this time. Smack, smack, smack, Double Idiot!! Dunce's cap in the corner for a month!

tedkay
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outlander wrote: Remembering I can use a computer but when you start talking reg edit and CHKDSK and doing this that and the other you loose me.
CHKDSK is a simple program in Windows - Start - Run - CHKDSK then you put a forward slash followed by the drive letter - to check for errors on a drive. When I checked my 720 drive after the TTHome updates it had a fit and found all sorts of corrupted files !

I like DennisN's self-recriminations - does it mean he is an Immoderate Moderator ?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: