Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - EUROPEAN DOWNLOAD
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

EUROPEAN DOWNLOAD
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adyc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: EUROPEAN DOWNLOAD Reply with quote

Hi all,
Have been using the UK database and am very impresssed, I am going to the continent on Sunday and was wondering:
1. If I use the Europe maps, they don't include the UK cameras do they, giving me double coverage?
2. Do I have to do anything as these will presumably be in kph?

Thanks,
Ady.
gardenshed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have sent you some info, i hope it makes sense if not pm me back i am on most nights being nosey Laughing Laughing
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't you share it with the rest of us? Sad
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gardenshed - The idea of a forum is to exchange information in an open manner for all to see and discuss. This information may be of use to many people who visit the forum. As requested above please make this information available to all unless it is illegal in some way.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

more than likely a link to another site. i could check the actual message but i don't have any reasons to doubt gardensheds integrity so won't

MaFt
Adyc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: SPEED CAMERAS Reply with quote

Thanks for the info garden shed, could anybody please answer my original questions please.
Ady
gardenshed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in response to the replies and pm's i have recieved from everyone, thanks Laughing nice to be popular Shocked I had spotted a link in an earlier thread from thomo which reffered to a german site that had continental cameras on it and i thought the information would be of use adyc, obviously it wasn't. I found it useful when i went overseas Shocked however, i did'nt repost the link as it was already available in the site and merely let the member know that it was available. so if this has ruffled a few feathers then i apologise, but let me just clear one thing up before we finish, PaulB2005, I DONT POST ILLEGAL MATERIAL and would prefer it if it wasn't suggested that i may Confused and as i have said the info is on the site and i was trying to help some one, when no one else had tried too Wink

glad thats cleared up Laughing
gardenshed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have found the thread for you all to look at and would also like to say sorry to thommo as it wasn't him that posted the information

for your information Laughing http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=57415&highlight=scdb
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but let me just clear one thing up before we finish, PaulB2005, I DONT POST ILLEGAL MATERIAL and would prefer it if it wasn't suggested that i may

Calm down and don't take offence. It wasn't a personal attack on your character - it's just known that certain types of information are passed using the PM system and to offer information on the PM system instead of in the open goes against the point of having an open forum as well as raising eye brows.

I don't understand why you felt the information couldn't be repeated just because it had appeared on another thread before. You might have known where it was but no-one else did.

Quote:
could anybody please answer my original questions please.

The UK map covers the UK and the European Maps the rest of Europe. So you need both and no it won't double up.

As for the KPH / MPH problem, there has been a thread on this a few weeks ago. I'll see what i can dig up. What Sat Nav are you using? If Garmin, this might of use - CLICK HERE

edit: to add missing link

Last edited by PaulB2005 on Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use the Pocket GPS World Euro cameras as well as any others you can locate on the internet, the POI files are then added in to the European map folder (Assuming you have the map of Europe loaded to your TomTom)

Watch out for exceeding the number of custom POI on your device (version 6 software the limit is 100) - count up the number of ov2 files in the map folder to know how many POI you have installed.
If you want a set of ogg spoken allerts that correspond to the PGPSW European download send me an e-mail and I will reply with the files - Mike
Adyc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: THANK YOU Reply with quote

Thanks all for the info, and yours may well be useful Garden shed. I've put the europe cameras in the map folder and all the cameras have disappeared. I am using a tomtom 710 version 6.525. When I go to enable POI's the Europe downloads do not show.
Any ideas,
Thanks all,
Ady.
gardenshed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there isnt a problem with the tt if you download the europe speed files in kph then just change the indicating units to kph in settings as you wait to get off the ferry,2 min job Wink
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many ov2 files have you got in the European map folder? - if its over 100 then this explains why they have disapeared - there is a limit of 100 custom POI files on the TomTom version 6 software - Mike
Adyc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: OV2 FILES Reply with quote

I have 55 OV2 files so I should be ok.
Ady.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you get the ov2 European camera files from? - if they are TomTom's then they cannot be connigured as the ov2 file is encripted, it could be that other ov2 files are as well? - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: