Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT1 unstable after map update
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT1 unstable after map update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tman24
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: TT1 unstable after map update Reply with quote

I recently paid for the update to the new UK & Ireland maps for my TT ONE v2. The new map ver is 675. This was to update the original maps supplied with the unit.

I initially deleted the existing UK maps (after making a full backup), then installed the new maps. The install went ok, with no errors reported.

On first selecting the new maps, everything seemed ok, but when I select any postcode, address or POI the screen just locks up. If I wait for around 20s, the TT will then restart. I can replicate this every time. If I switch back to the original maps, everything is fine.

These are the full, original new maps for the TT ONE, bought and downloaded through TT HOME. The TT is fully up to date with the latest firmware.

I've emailed TT support, and am awaiting a reply. Anyone tried updating to the new UK maps and had similar issues?
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you may want to retransfer the maps. what you describe points to corrupt map data.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
tman24
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
you may want to retransfer the maps. what you describe points to corrupt map data.

Thanks for the pointer. There was no indication of any problems with the download, but I can't discredit it completely. I'll try and download another copy of the map anyway, and re-install.

Whether it's anything important, the 'map' size listed in TT HOME is never the same as installed on the device. For example, the new UK maps are listed as 252.2MB in TT HOME, but the device lists them as 243MB. The other maps I bought (US & Canada) show as 914MB in TT HOME and 914.3MB on the ONE. Would this be an indication of a corruption problem?
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

possibly. Try downloading the maps manually, without HOME.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
tman24
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having trouble find the download location for the maps I bought. I can get to My Maps on TT website, and it says they can be downloaded until a certain date, but there is no link to actually download the files manually!

Do I need to delete the existing maps that were downloaded in TT HOME, then see if they are available for download again afterwards? This isn't exactly a manual download though, unless someone can tell me how.

thanks
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I meant from the HOME Download folder on your PC to your device. Not from their website.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it be just that the memory card is too full?
You don't say what size you are using but if its the original card, the new maps might be too big. You need to leave several MB of "thinking space" free, which the unit seems to use as cache memory while working out routes.
tman24
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
No, I meant from the HOME Download folder on your PC to your device. Not from their website.

OK, sorry I see what you mean now. I'll manually install and post back.

As for the memory card, it's a 2GB Kingston with just under 1 gig free (that's after all the maps are installed), so I don't think that's the problem.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: