Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Custom Cursors
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Custom Cursors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stuart wrote:
mostdom wrote:
stuart wrote:
FrazerUK Well done....Darren..Can I please adapt your Van and remove the deer for a 'White-Van-Man' cursor...

Evil or Very Mad
There is a serious joke behind that deervan cursor, we don't do adaptations of jokes here! Just crude puns and witty repartée.

The deervan may be dead but the joke lives on! Wink

Well keep the deer out of Dorset, I have seen to many deer versus Van RTA's.....
(http://www.thisisdorset.net/mostpopular.var.1914507.mostviewed.deer_rescue_bid_leads_to_accident.php)
But I do have the deervan cursor ready for one on my drivers TomToms.. Police Gun Shoot Out
Just for stuart's benefit (as I presume he passed it by) the serious deervan cursor joke was created by Mostdom for me, so "Tell me about it". How quaint that all the cars involved in that deer report are identified by make, model and colour (except the one which got away). Reminds one of the press reports describing every person mentioned by sex, age and occupation - "A male 68 year old white van driver who has been unemployed since 1973"!

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
waveydavey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

I updated my GO300 last night with the v7 software and saw the info about creating custom cursors. I've created one this morning of my car and now realised i don't have an "ART" folder on my device.....

Am i right in thinking i've created the cursor for nothing and that they can't be used on the GO300 yet??? Embarassed

Cheers

Dave.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

waveydavey wrote:
Hi all,

I updated my GO300 last night with the v7 software and saw the info about creating custom cursors. I've created one this morning of my car and now realised i don't have an "ART" folder on my device.....

Am i right in thinking i've created the cursor for nothing and that they can't be used on the GO300 yet??? Embarassed .

It's not a feature 'enabled' by TomTom on the v7 upgrade for older devices. But it is possible to get it working, see the post on the previous page.
waveydavey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
waveydavey wrote:
Hi all,

Am i right in thinking i've created the cursor for nothing and that they can't be used on the GO300 yet??? Embarassed .

It's not a feature 'enabled' by TomTom on the v7 upgrade for older devices. But it is possible to get it working, see the post on the previous page.

DOH!!!! I'd missed that as i skirted through the post. Thanks Darren i've got it working now.

Cheers

Dave.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. and if you want your custom cursor posted on our downloads page just send me the .bmp file Smile
waveydavey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
No problem. and if you want your custom cursor posted on our downloads page just send me the .bmp file Smile

You have a PM.

Cheers

Dave.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks and now uploaded.

I have also added a few new ones, Police Car and Mini Cooper. I have also added instructions and the necessary files to enable the custom cursor on upgraded units to the download page.
purplebus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

This is my first post and I know this question is not strictly to do with the topic but I can't find the question posed elsewhere and, I suppose, it is related to the topic. If it's in the wrong place then please move it accordingly.

I have alternative map colours on my TT 700 (with 7.162 and latest maps) with the roads shown in blue. Unfortunately, the direction arrow is also in blue, albeit of a slighter lighter colour - but it's still difficult to clearly see the direction arrow against the blue roads.

My question is this - is there an easy way of changing the colour of the direction arrow to something which can be clearly seen against the road (white, for example, would be good) ? I'm happy with the all the ohter colours but would really like to change the direction arrow only.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell me what colour arrow you want and I'll create one. Then follow the install guide on the Cursor Download page (linked from the first post of this thread or the front page) to install it and replace the existing blue one.

I've just knocked up a Yellow one and posted it to the download page but it can be any colour/shade you want.
purplebus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren, thanks for your very prompt offer of help.

Just to avoid confusion (cause I think I didn't make it clear that the arrow I want to change is the arrow which indicates the position of the vehicle)

My existing colours are -

The road I'm travelling on is shown in blue, other roads are in yellow and the arrow which shows the direction to take is in red.

The 'vehicle position' arrow is currently blue and I'd like to change this arrow to a 'strong' white colour.

I hope you can do this for me - thanks again for your assistance.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Np problem, the arrow you refer to is just a cursor and can be changed to another arrow or any of the custom cursors on our download page.

I have created a white one to accompany the yellow one. They can be found on the download page in the 'Assorted' section of the Downloads page here.
purplebus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it !! Many thanks (nice to be amongst such helpful people !!)
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your welcome. You will need to follow the guide here to enable the custom cursor but I did just that on my 700 this morning when writing the guide so I know it works and is relatively simple!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's actually a yellow arrow in the sample cursors already supplied on the Go720.
Do you think TT would mind if those were added to the collection so other TT owners could get at them?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
There's actually a yellow arrow in the sample cursors already supplied on the Go720.
Do you think TT would mind if those were added to the collection so other TT owners could get at them?

I am wary of distributing what may be interpreted as copyright items although in truth they probably wouldn't mind. Anyhow I've created my own yellow and white cursors instead and both are now available.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 14 of 39

Jump to: