Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Zumo, Nokia 6300 & Scala Rider success (nearly)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Zumo, Nokia 6300 & Scala Rider success (nearly)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Motorcycle GPS Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrisdhall
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Zumo, Nokia 6300 & Scala Rider success (nearly) Reply with quote

For interest to Zumo owners. I have posted this to the Zumo forum on connecting a Nokia 6300 and Scala rider to the Zumo.

http://zumoforums.com/zumo/viewtopic.php?t=2036

[EDIT]
I've just realised that you have register to read post Confused
Reproduced below:

Quote:

On pairing the 6300 sets itself to Handsfree profile. The contacts list is pushed to the Zumo. Manual and enhanced voice dialing work fine. Receiving a call works with correct name displayed from the contacts. (enhanced voice dialing doesn't work for me above 30mph in a full-face helmet - I shall fiddle with the mic position and see if that makes any difference)
(Not bad considering Garmin tech support told me it wouldn't as the phone model wasn't supported by the software!)

The Scala rider is correctly identified by the Zumo as a headset and the directions, calls and music is redirected to it.

The 6300 and Zumo work fine in the Car mount as well. Transferring calls between the Zumo hands-free and the 6300 works as well.

Once paired both phone and headset auto-pair to the Zumo when it is switched on.

I also wanted to use the headset and phone together when I'm out riding and not using the Zumo. I paired the phone and headset without problems and they work fine.
I did have a problem after doing this when going back to the Zumo/6300/Scala setup. The phone kept dropping and remaking the connection to Zumo. This was caused by the phone trying to auto-pair with headset as well as the Zumo, when the headset was already paired with the Zumo! It went into some kind of loop. I fixed this by setting the 6300 up so it didn't auto-pair with the headset, I make the connection manually.
When I go back to just the headset and phone I set the auto-pairing back on.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One problem encountered:
With the 6300 and Headset paired to the Zumo (in the bike mount), the voice dialing works BUT I can't hear or the ringing tone. After a few seconds the audio is transfered to the phone and disconnects from the Zumo. It the attempts to pair back with the Zumo and fails.

After this the Zumo device is still shown is in the 6300 active devices list. On attempting to disconnect the Zumo from the phone the success message appears but the Zumo stays in the list.
Turning off bluetooth on the phone caused the phone to reboot (or so it seems - white screen, then back to the main screen)

I tried the same voice dialing procedure with Zumo out of the bike mount. The call is again transfered to the phone. When the call is ended the connection back to the Zumo is sucessful.

Voice dialing works in the car mount and directly from the headset to phone. Using the phonebook on the Zumo to dial the call works fine as well.

I suspect that the Zumo isn't handling the voice dialing and audio via the headset correctly. I have emailed Garmin

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Motorcycle GPS Users All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: