Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POI's didnf transfer??
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POI's didnf transfer??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aquiesce
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:49 am    Post subject: POI's didnf transfer?? Reply with quote

OK this is my first time using this software so be gentle Smile
I have downloaded POIEdit and followed the tutourial no problems, i then connected to the server and selected all the POI's i wanted it then with a little check box next to ti something like "Do you want to install the POI's when they have ficnished downloading?" so i say yes erm coz i do want to but it didnt work ??
I just wondered is there a manual way of doing this ?
Thanks
Paul
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selecting the option to install the POI's basically transfers them via your ActiveSync connection to your Pocket PC. If the Pocket PC isn't docked and a valid ActiveSync connection (e.g. green logo in the ActiveSync screen) then it won't transfer them.

If all of the above was okay, then you should find them on your storage card in the Great Britain map directory. If you want to view them on the map, you'll need to go into the map view, then tap FILE | PROPERTIES then goto the advanced/POI tab and scroll down until you see the POI's you downloaded and then tick them, then tap OK and you should then see them when scrolling around the map.
aquiesce
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okey dokey thanks dave Smile
All of the above were ok its just that I didnt yet have a storage card until Ibought one today, so so they go to storage card by default because that was maybe my problem then I am about to try again now
thanks for the reply
Paul

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: