Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin Nuvi 660 updated firmware v3.8
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin Nuvi 660 updated firmware v3.8
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kelvin66
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexberry wrote:
It seems that the Bluetooth Firmware update has resolved issues with the Samsung D900 - it now seems to pair up and work OK.

Alex.

FYI - I never had a problem with pairing but the D900 would keep rebooting if a delivery receipt was in the inbox. Turning off the delevery receipts on the D900 fixed the problem.
nputtick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I used to find a fingertip press ineffective, and had to tap with my nail. I now find the nail tap ineffective, and have to press with my fingertip. Oh well. Actually I think I prefer the new "sensitivity".

However, I do think there should be an approved method to "wind back" an update.

Cheers
Nigel
tynecomp
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nputtick wrote:
However, I do think there should be an approved method to "wind back" an update.

There is; you just download and manually install your preferred version. Where is the problem?
inspiredron
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The update has resolved screen sensitivity for me. I was getting problems with key presses being highlighted with the correct key but registering a totally different character, sometimes right across the other side of the screen. Now the tap needed is a bit firmer but registration is accurate - far preferable! :D
Hamie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been running with 3.8 for about two weeks now... On the plus side, the screen taps are now much more accuate, even if it is harder to actually get it to recognise the touch.

On the down side, the bluetooth support seems to be hit & miss for compatability with the N95... Mine WAS working fine. It stopped being able to interface with the addressbook and the last dialled after the update (Just kept saying device may be incompatable) ... Both those mysteriously strated to work again on friday last week though... Go figure...

H

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: