Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nav software that I can use in Florida.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nav software that I can use in Florida.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mastertek
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:31 am    Post subject: Nav software that I can use in Florida. Reply with quote

Hi folks. if your regulars to these forums you might know the name as the guy who had hell with Medion. Thanks to standing my ground I got myself a new PPC250 that thankfully is fantastic.Not had a problem yet!

Anyway I'm off to Florida in a few weeks time for a couple of weeks fly drive. I'm thinking of taking this wonderful piece of portable kit to help me with my travels. Can anybody help me by pointing me in the direction of a cost effective software package that I can use for a couple of weeks whilst out there. I have extra memory for my PPC250.
Does any of the route66 software work with GPS systems or is just the TomTom and Navigon software that works onGPS systems? is there any other software suggestions? Confused
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you own MS Autoroute then you should be able to load PocketStreets onto your PPC. You can then create compatible maps from Autoroute and put them on your memory card. Whilst full GPS support is provided, no visual or oral directions are, so you'd be able to see where you are and that would be it.

Other than that, go to

www.mapopolis.com

and download their free viewer application. You can then download trial maps, which last for nine days. I'm not sure if the nine days is taken from download date, loading to PPC date or 'first use' date but you have plenty of time to work that out for your self. (Then maybe you could let me know!)

I'm also off to Florida in a few weeks' time and will definitely be taking my GPS gear with me, as well as my laptop.

Have a great trip and don't forget to tell us all about it when you get back, especially the bit about how glad you are that you took your GPS with you and how invaluable and worthwhile it was.
gazza09
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Mapopolis Reply with quote

The nine days starts from the first time you use the maps on your PDA.

It appears that you can keep downloading the maps every time they expire!!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: