Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - MIO C210 PROBLEM - PLEASE HELP
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

MIO C210 PROBLEM - PLEASE HELP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZombieTrev
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: MIO C210 PROBLEM - PLEASE HELP Reply with quote

my c210 has stopped working... it starts up, i enter the address it finds the address, i click 'route to' and it goes to 100% finding the location but the gps signal is non existent. there are no arrows in the top left screen and can't figure out what is wrong as i am very new to sat-nav. the system did used to work fine though. any ideas whats up?

please help?

trev Smile
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum

edited to add: It might be worth you reading the next reply first

The first thing i would try is a 'hard' reset - press and hole the power button until it turns off, then press and hold the power button until the power light shows orange

Alternatively, turn it off, remove the batteries and replace them and then try turning it on and see what happens

Have you put any updates or anything onto it recently that might have affected the units?

What version of MioMap software are you using?

Could you try updating the unit to see if that persuades it to work?

If none of these work, come back and see if there's anything else that can be suggested to help you

edited to add: I've just checked the manuals online and nothing appears to be mentioned in the troubleshooting guide for your problem

The manuals only refer to a 'soft' reset - pushing a paperclip or something similar into the reset button, which is just below the power button on the side of the unit

Last edited by GPS_fan on Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: MIO C210 PROBLEM - PLEASE HELP Reply with quote

ZombieTrev wrote:
but the gps signal is non existent. there are no arrows in the top left screen and can't figure out what is wrong as i am very new to sat-nav. the system did used to work fine though. any ideas whats up?

Sorry, I think I might have jumped the gun.

Could I take a step back and start again...

...if the system has not been used for some time or you are turning it on in a different location to where you turned it off, it may take a little longer to lock on to satellites

...if you are in your house, you may not have a good enough signal to lock onto satellites

The unit will not put guidance information (turn left/right arrows etc) in the top left of the screen until it has locked on to enough satellites and the GPS icon on the right changes from red to black.

It may be worth moving the C210 right up to a window in the house or go and sit in the car for a few minutes, wait until the unit locks onto satellites and see if guidance information then appears on the screen.

If this fails, then go through the reset steps mentioned above

I hope this helps
ZombieTrev
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi GPS_fan - i have left the unit on for at least 5 mins whilst sat in the car and still have nothing. also tried driving around with it on but still no luck. so alas, i tried the soft and hard resets but still having the same problem...

i've not added or updated anything to the unit (as i have no idea how to)

only thing i can think of is if something on it has expired?? if that could be the case then how would i go about fixing it? or is there anything else you can think of?

thanks for helping out Smile

trev

PS the version i am using is Mio Map V3
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might take more than 5 minutes to get a satellite fix if you've had it off for a while or moved it since you last had a fix.

Driving around whilst you're trying to get a fix could worsen the problem rather than improve - what I meant in my previous post was sit in your car with it whilst stationary.

I occasionally have a similar problem, which is usually caused either by moving the unit since turning it off or driving before it gets a fix. Perhaps someone else can offer a suggestion or three

There shouldn't be anything on it which could have expired and if there was, you should get an error saying that "aabbccxxyyzz has expired"
ZombieTrev
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've left it on for so long now that it went onto stand by and still have nothing...

the gps icon is not red though. it is black already but has a red explamation mark by it...

i'm cunfused Laughing Out Loud
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the manual, a GPS icon with an exclamation mark means the following:
Quote:
The black satellite dish with the red exclamation mark shows there is no connection with the GPS receiver. GPS navigation is not possible. Devices with a built-inGPS receiver are permanently connected, so this icon may not appear under normal conditions.

The C210, which you say you have, has a built-in GPS receiver and you should therefore not be seeing this icon.

Have you tried the reset steps outlined above?

I suggest that it might be worth contacting either Mio support or the retailer you bought it from to see if they can hep.
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be worth tapping on the GPS icon, then on the screen which appears, tap Detect. It may be that the com port configuration has been lost
Robin
Plus a lot of other PDA GPS kit, seldom used

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: