Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How many POi on One
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How many POi on One

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gaz100uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: How many POi on One Reply with quote

may be daft question.. How many POI files can i have on my TT1? So far i have downloaded your Speed camera files and they work great.
I’m now looking to add the petrol station POI and supermarket POI (the only way i can think of getting public toilets listed - dont ask..Laughing Out Loud) My question is can i use the download with the individual .ov2 & .bmp files for each or will I have to many loaded files and have to use the single file for each.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as you have version 6 software loaded you can have up to 100 ov2 foiles installed - Mike
leerichards
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can have up to 100 user POI's on your system.

Lee
Merlin2005
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a related but slightly different question; my friend has a TT One v1 which has the current v6 updates from Tomtom Home with the GB map. He has installed the zoned camera database along with the Liz warning and direction voice files. To do this he upgraded from the standard 128Mb SD card to a 1Gb card.

The problem is, has has created separate petrol station network POIs and these don't show up on his One, even though they are selected in enable/disable POIs. They are correctly installed in the maps folder.

Is there a physical limit as to how many POIs can be displayed at one time?
Merlin2005
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same answer really. It's 100 user-added POI categories on v6 software. The actual number of entries in a category (eg the number of petrol stations in the category "Shell") doesn't matter at all.

Where did these POIs come from? It could be that the matching .bmp icon file is wrong somehow (wrong size or format for example), but usually the TT just shows a red square on the map if it can't read the icon.

He could also try loading the POI files into POI Edit (from www.poiedit.com/) to see if that can read them OK.

Otherwise, I'm stuck for a reason it might not be working so far...
Merlin2005
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sussed it... the problem was the ov2 files, I downloaded new ones from the sticky link at the top of this forum and they are all working now, I transferred the ov2 files from my iPaq 4700 which uses Navigator v6 and the ov2 files must have been changed somehow.

Thanks

Merlin2005

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: