Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Maplins aytobe - getting access to put other progs?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Maplins aytobe - getting access to put other progs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gps-boj
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Maplins aytobe - getting access to put other progs? Reply with quote

This is a CE device and I know people who have had simalarr devices ( ie Medion PNA's) and go access and able to put a taskbr etc.

I want to use a 1Gb SD card I have to run the mapping prog it comes with, but also wnt to try and get to working for TomTom5 which I have an a PDA. then need access to choose which one to use.

have found on the aytobe in the Flash Storage an autorun programme which seem to dirct the unit to the navigation program whn pressing on the icon. It containes the following

navigation = \MMC_Storage\MobileNavigator\MobileNavigator.exe

Put tomtom on thre SD\card and rediected the above so the navigation to tomtom, get the front screen ok then errors. How can I load tomtom on as usining standard way as the device will not allow things to be written to it ( ie when the activesynce add program screens come up.

any expert out there who can help?
darryn_pmr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit busy in work, but when i get a chance I'll have a go at writing an app that can be customised to allow you to select and run programs from the SD Card.

The program will have to be placed in the MMC_Storage\MobileNavigator\MobileNavigator.exe location, I don't want to get into changing the default of the software that is locked up tighter than a.......well it's secure anyways.

Lets face it, there is about 250Mb free on the SD Card from default, so theres plenty to play with!! Laughing

Tetris anyone! Shame there is no keypad Sad
gps-boj
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, would appreciate that
Sallet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be great! I am currently using a 1 Gig SD and I tried my 4 Gig in the machine and it seemed to read it OK. This would allow me to put all my eggs in the same basket having my TomTom maps and swap to the Aytobe software or any other software I can get running on the machine!
Retromax
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Maplins aytobe - getting access to put other progs? Reply with quote

gps-boj wrote:
This is a CE device and I know people who have had simalarr devices ( ie Medion PNA's) and go access and able to put a taskbr etc.

I want to use a 1Gb SD card I have to run the mapping prog it comes with, but also wnt to try and get to working for TomTom5 which I have an a PDA. then need access to choose which one to use.

have found on the aytobe in the Flash Storage an autorun programme which seem to dirct the unit to the navigation program whn pressing on the icon. It containes the following

navigation = \MMC_Storage\MobileNavigator\MobileNavigator.exe

Put tomtom on thre SD\card and rediected the above so the navigation to tomtom, get the front screen ok then errors. How can I load tomtom on as usining standard way as the device will not allow things to be written to it ( ie when the activesynce add program screens come up.

any expert out there who can help?

read this tread
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=313472#313472

does exactly what you are asking
gps-boj
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still want a simple prog so when I press on the natvigaot iicon, gives me further choices - it so I con put Ay2Be or Tomtom on that and choose.
aytobeboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be great! I am currently using a 1 Gig SD and I tried my 4 Gig in the machine and it seemed to read it OK. This would allow me to put all my eggs in the same basket having my TomTom maps and swap to the Aytobe software or any other software I can get running on the machine!

Did you get the 4gb card to work ok?

Dave
Sallet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aytobeboy wrote:

Did you get the 4gb card to work ok?

Dave

Sorry for the delay in relying. Didn't see the reply. I tried the 4gig in the machine and it certainly read any files using the file explorer. However, I am acually using a 2gig to run my TomTom.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: