Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ANPR
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ANPR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thelight
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: ANPR Reply with quote

I was just wondering whether a database of ANPR camera's was available anywhere in the same way as speed cam locations are from this site?
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, PGPSW have said in the past they have no intention of helping people break the law. Do a search for ANPR and you should find the post.

If peoples cars are taxed, insured and MOT'd there is no need to worry about ANPR's, They do a good job of getting people off the road who shouldn't be there. :D
thelight
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, I was not implying or asking if this site had such a database, id already read a post saying it did not. I meant are there any other sites, excluding this one, which is compiling a database? I am taxed, mot'd and insured, this does not mean I am happy for all my movements to be logged by a government and police force I do not trust.
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
this does not mean I am happy for all my movements to be logged by a government and police force I do not trust.
Your movements are not logged by ANPR's. As you are Taxed, MOT'd and Insured you won't trigger a 'hit' and will be left alone. Don't forget many ANPR's are in police cars and how would anyone make a database for those. Same as bus lanes, people have asked for a database for them but with so many buses with cameras facing forward, the same would apply.

I'm not really happy to be watched by big brother either. Everywhere you go there are cameras watching, garage forecourts, High Streets, in shops etc and our movements can also be traced by where we use our Debit/Credit Cards. Then there are our medical records, PAYE details etc. The only thing we can do nowadays is scratch our ar.. bottoms in private without being filmed or having to pay tax, inc VAT at 17.5%, for the pleasure of doing so.

Unfortunately it's a way of life now and although I don't like the way things have gone, I would be quite happy for someone being caught on camera when up to no good, especially if stealing my car, assaulting me or breaking into my house.

Oh to be back in 'the good ol' days'. Sad
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANPR does not 'track' anyone. It simply compares the VRN's of passing vehicles with the database of taxed, insured and tested vehicles and triggers a hit if the vehicle is recorded as missing any of the requirements.

I only wish we had many more of these and less speed cameras, uninsured, untaxed and untested vehicles and their drivers are a menace.

As ANPR is now often fitted to patrol cars and can be used whilst moving, any database would be completely pointless anyway and even if you were alerted to an ANPR site what do you intend doing? You can't spend your life detouring around them just in case one is live!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: