Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Acer e305
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Acer e305

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> SatNav User Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andygrady2001
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Acer e305 Reply with quote

Acer e305 - £99.95 (globalpositioningsystems)

The Acer e305 has 4 functions:
Navigation (Destinator 6 Basic)
MP3 player
Photo viewer
Contacts (Doesn't synchronise with Outlook despite first appearances)

Only arrived this morning so this is a first impressions review of the SatNav function.

Entry level SatNav that has its limitations. Chief amongst these is the fact that you can't use customised POIs and therefore can't use the Speed Camera Database. It does come pre-programmed with 6 POI categories (Petrol Stations, Parking, Transport, Food, Shopping & Lodgings) but there isn't even an obvious way of tagging the database onto one of these predefined categories.
The ability to set up a 'Favourites' category is also absent. This can be worked round in most cases because you can enter what would be 'favourites' in the Navigation bit as Contacts. You can then search through your contacts and launch the Navigator from the Contacts bit but if the address is a non-standard format then this doesn't work.
Aside from these limitations the screen is nice and clear and the voice prompts are loud enough to be heard.

Will post more when used a bit more but first impression is that the Acer e305 is a good, cheap navigation system but you can't add any useful whistles and bells to it.
parsi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have that unit and have the French Speed Cameras loaded as favourites on it and it works fine.

You can add favourite groups, delete them etc. I used POI-editor to upload the cameras. One problem is that the alert distances is the same for all groups.

You can add any location to a favourite group - I add most to "My favourites"..

I have 50 POI categories ranging from Airports to Winery.

My unit was purchased in mediaMarkt in Barcelona
morimaro
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Speed Cams etc Reply with quote

Same as Parsi I've just loaded European speedcams from a French GPS site. I also found that when I loaded the UK Map and Euro Main Roads Map off the CD supplied with the e305, the "Lite" Destinator 6 on the Mem Card was replaced with a more complete functional Destinator 6 as supplied with the e310 model.
Cheers
Morris

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> SatNav User Reviews All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: