Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom one euprope and spped cameras
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom one euprope and spped cameras

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
briandavison
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom one euprope and spped cameras Reply with quote

I'm replacing my Garmin I3 and looking at the Tom Tom One and the Garmin Nuvi 310.
Tom Tom looks good for navigation, but I've no idea how it handles cameras.
One thing that drove me mad with the I3 was that it only showed you the camera location if you were speeding! Even When I'm not speeding (it can happen :D ) I'd like to be able to see where to expect people slamming on the anchors, and to know where not to try overtaking.
One good feature of the I3 was that if you were speeding it would keep bleeping until you were under the limit, so on a busy road you could drive "by ear", watching the traffic not your instruments (speedo or sat nav).

Does the Tom Tom show the camera locations?
Does it alert you audibly or visibly if you are over the limit?
Is the speed displayed constantly? (on the I3 it only shows your speed if you are not currently navigating - otherwise it gives you your eta instead)

what do all the numbers mean on the tom tom display - there seems to be a lot of info there!
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TT will warn of all cameras if the Warn When Near is set up. It gives a single occurrence of the warning at wHatever distance you have set. It will warn at any speed you may be travelling.

There is no continuos warning to remind you. But then most set the distance to give about 20 secs warning.

The camera Icon is displayed on the screen to indicate it's position and there is also a distance countdown, with icon, in the top corner of the screen.

The road speed can be displayed in the status bar, as can a number of other bits of information. This can be customised.

There are 6 items that can be displayed, or not, plus the Satellite graphic and the next turn graphic.

The 6 items are:
Remaining Time
Remaining Distance
Arrival Time
Current Time
Street Name
Speed

Obviously the more you have displayed the smaller the Font Size.

They are context sensitive, so that Arrival Time won't show if you don't have a Route Set.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
briandavison
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really helpful, Thankyou. (and a nice quick response).

So if I choose only speed, or speed and arrival time, it will have a large display of it?

I forgot to ask if it also warns of red light cameras.
Does it?
Question
BrianI
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you download the PocketGPS speed cameras they have 3,883 Gatso/Monitron/Truvelo, 5,699 Mobiles, 12 Temporary, 245 Specs and 1,002 Redlight Cameras. They are updated at least every month and are more comprehensive and up to date than TT supplied ones. I would recommend you download the speed zoned group (24 files) as you then get an icon displaying the particular speed limit as well as an audible warning. You can make the audible warning different for different types of camera.

Brian
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...which can be spoken, if you want.
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/tomtom-ogg-files.php

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: