Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Can't start my TT 910
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't start my TT 910

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
topref
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Can't start my TT 910 Reply with quote

I downloaded the 18th April Camera files from PGPSW and now my TT910 won't even boot up.

I didn't try and switch my TT on until I was about 25 miles from home on my way to work away for three weeks and havn't got the manual or the USB dock. Where's the re-set button and, if I press it, does it get rid of the existing Camera locations already downloaded?

Thanks in Advance.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reset button is under the unit adjacent to the electrical connector, pressing this will not remove any files or POI but its well worth a try. Use a pin, or small paper clip - Mike
Jakle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this happens on the road and you don't have a pin, try plugging it into the power adapter - this has worked for me on a couple of occasions (it seems to sense the power then 'auto-on').
andydigital44
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pin a safety pin to the soft case that comes with the 910 then you have always got one with you then.
topref
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Can't find reset button. Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies but Mike, I can't see a reset button adjacent to the electrical connector.

All that's there is the docking section with the electrical points within but there's no hole there to where I could push in a pin.

There is a pin hole on the front of the unit but I assume that's the microphone for the hands free. It's about a quarter of an inch to the left of the docking release button.

Jakle - I tried this when docking it whilst on my journey but, although it does light up the charging light, it doesn't start the unit.

Andygigital, good idea. Thanks to the three of you.
andydigital44
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can just about see where the reset button is the picture linked below, its where the tiny half circle cut out is.

http://img490.imageshack.us/my.php?image=s4sresetgo02ct1.gif
andydigital44
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topref
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the prompt reply. I've located it but the unit still doesn't start up. Will try docking it in the car tomorrow and see if it starts that way. If it doesn't, looks like I'll have to send it back.
andydigital44
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try holding the reset button in for 30 seconds, if so and it still doesn't work, have you got the Home software installed on your PC and did you do a backup?

If you did will the 910 boot when its on the docking station far enough to let it connect to your computer?
topref
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said in my original post, I havn't got my docking station with me, I am away for 3 weeks. I have made a back-up but it's on my home PC. I have just held it for 30 secs and it still doesn't start......!
andydigital44
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry i missed that minor detail in the first post. Fingers crossed when you get it on the docking station you can perform a restore.

Just out of interest at what point does the 910 crash/hang, do you see the loading bar scroll across the bottom of the screen or does it not even get that far?

How old is the 910? and how often do you use it, I'm trying to figure out how reliable the hard disk drives are in these things, as loading POI's correctly or not shouldn't cause the 910 to fail to boot without any form of error state warning.
topref
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The unit isn't that old. I treated myself at Xmas. I try and use it as often as possible but sometimes it will be a week between uses.

When I press the power button, nothing happens but after I pressed and held the reset switch last night, I then tried to power it up and the green charging light flashed momentarily but that's all.

Will try it later.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

topref wrote:
When I press the power button, nothing happens but after I pressed and held the reset switch last night, I then tried to power it up and the green charging light flashed momentarily but that's all.
I think we're getting somewhere now.

See This Topic.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
topref
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eureka!!!!!

Looks like my unit discharged itself of any power. Went to my car and placed it in the docking cradle hoping that it would start but it didn't.

I pressed the Power On button and held it for few seconds and the flippin thing started. When I put in a "Navigate to" the power strength meter at the top right showed no power at all. - Strange!!! Anyway, it started, which is the main point.

Thanks to all for the input.
jean
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That happened to me during a recent visit to the States. I was worried as it had totally froze and the reset button did nothing.
Went to a friends house who had a 910 and he put it on his docking station and it started up then.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: