Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - c510 FAILED
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

c510 FAILED

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alun01268
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: c510 FAILED Reply with quote

My C510d Unit faield over the weekend it was working fine on friday evening and then on Saturday moring as we went to use it it would not switch on after checking things like had i left it on and all the power was gone tried it on mains power, car power pc power etc nothing worked and took it back to halfords store where I had bought it.
They came up to the same thing as me its broken
They say its the first unit they have seen this issue on they said very few garmin untis come back with faults and none ever that will nto power up.
Question - Does anyone on here know of the same fault on theirs?
Is this a common fault?

I was lucky as The guy asked have i registed the unit i said no so he said he could swap it over for a new one as i had only had it 30 days. otherwise itwould have had to go back to garmin for repair.

Wondering if it will happen again ow on the new unit or is it going to be a great little unit fault free.
Dippy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mailed you, but for the benefit of any others:

I had two C510D units fail. Tried the hardware reset under the removable bezel and tried plugging the USB in - no joy. Both went back to Halfords, who were excellent about it.

Third unit I've had about six months and no problems with it at all.

So not unknown and if you persevere you'll get a good one. Great unit, especially with the "talking streetnames" hack.
PhilHornby
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: c510 FAILED Reply with quote

alun01268 wrote:
They say its the first unit they have seen this issue on they said very few garmin untis come back with faults and none ever that will nto power up.
Question - Does anyone on here know of the same fault on theirs?
Is this a common fault?
I got my C510 in this state - cured it by dismantling it and disconnecting the battery.

I've heard of others (mainly C550's for some reason) doing this ....

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: