Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Out-of-date maps with new Nav6 purchase
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Out-of-date maps with new Nav6 purchase

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrGumby
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Out-of-date maps with new Nav6 purchase Reply with quote

Hi. The answer is probably here somewhere or on the TT site but I can't find it. Sorry if I'm being useless.

If I buy Nav6 and find that the maps in the box are not the latest, can I get a free update from TomTom?

Incidentally, is there likely to be a Nav7 later this year? If so, I can wait.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been numerous Topics on the subject in this last week, and the bottom line is NO.

As to Software Major Version updates, they seem to come along about 1 per year, but it's not written in stone. Smile

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
martike
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check my post in this thread

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=54680
MrGumby
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I'm seriously unimpressed with the way TomTom does business, hiding behind unfair Ts & Cs - this is just one of several examples - so will probably stick with the CoPilot 6 that came with my XDA Orbit.

Not that I'm very impressed with CoPilot. The road I live on has been here, unchanged, for almost 100 years, and has a postcode to itself. When I bang that postcode into CoPilot, it puts me in a non-existent side-turning off a parallel street which has a completely different postcode and no direct access to my street.

If I use my street name instead of postcode, it routes me through gardens to the parallel street, when I want to go anywhere. They have always been gardens, and no road is shown on the map. Woe is me.

And this is in urban Newbury, not the wilds of somewhere.
Greenglide
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free upgrade from TT just because they have sold you out of date products in the box - dont be silly.

I spent three months trying to get TT and their supppliers to give me the latest map version (the retail pack I bought said "all the latest TeleAtlas maps", the content had been superseded by TT five months earlier (a bit like the 675 / 660 map versions currently but moved on a few months)).

The supplier hid behind TT (who played dumb) and TT said it was up to the retailer (and legally it was except for clearly inaccurate advertising by TT).

Advice from Trading Standards was that "the product could have been in stock for some time" which was unlikely as I had to wait for the product to come into stock.

Why they can't (won't) clearly the products with the map versions and, crucially, the date of the maps and their sources says a lot for the ethics of the company.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: