Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Restoring to previous backup
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Restoring to previous backup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UK2007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Restoring to previous backup Reply with quote

if i have a backup from MAY 2007 and a backup from JANUARY 2007,can i restore to the JANUARY backup?? :D

I'm trying to do it now back to JANUARY but its just stuck on restoring box with the egg timer for last 10mins Sad

I am trying to restore the backup i had with KATE the computer voice on :P
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a copy of the 910's drive taken using Windows Explorer? - this would be the easier path to restore the device back to full operation.

What has gone wrong with the 910, as it might be easier to diagnose a fix to your problem rather than re-installation of the whole lot - it should re-install from an day one back-up but TomTom Home has a nasty habit of messing up the Text To Speech files in the Loquendo folder, it can be fixed but its a few hours work - Mike
UK2007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Do you have a copy of the 910's drive taken using Windows Explorer? - this would be the easier path to restore the device back to full operation.

No i didn't make a copy using windows explorer Sad i should of Sad

Quote:
has a nasty habit of messing up the Text To Speech files in the Loquendo folder, it can be fixed but its a few hours work

Think this is my only option to restore KATE,the backup to january didnt work-got as far as CANARY ISLES.MID then said done :o

I Might as well just do without The Computer voice and stick with what i have Confused

THNX MIKE!! :D
UK2007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK :D

I have checked the backup i made in january its in MY DOCUMENTS/TOMTOM and there are NO voice files contained in there.

I have also checked a recent backup in MYDOCUMENTS/TOMTOM and the correct folder LoquendoTTS is there but ITS NOT 4gb (or 311MB) of data :o .ALL thats there is all small files of different languages Confused

Looks like my computer voices are gone forever now Sad

There should be a better way at the start of TOM TOM HOME to stop this occuring to any new purchases of tomtom's.By the time you learn what youv'e done its too late. Sad I DELETED MY COMPUTER VOICES ON MY TOMTOM SCREEN (so be careful not to do the same)

Tom Tom should offer downloads or cds to customers with reciepts with the correct KATE/SIMON folder even for a small charge would be fair.

I have no spoken road names and also no spoken text messages on my 910 Sad
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start TomTom Home on the PC and click File/ Preferences_Advanced Tab, the location your back-ups are stored in will be displayed, check the specific location for a Loquendo folder/ contents.

If you don't have any back-up containing the Kate voice I suggest you contact TomTom and explain the problem, they might be able to help out 08451610009.

or

Do you know anyone else with a 910? - if so you could copy the required files from their device - this is not piracy as you own the rights to use the files, you have simply misplaced them.
I remember one forum user in a similar situation last year bought a second 910, copied the files they had erased to get their old device working again then returned the new device to the store 2 hours later for a full refund.

When you do get this issue resolved make sure you do a full backup and use Windows Explorer - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: