Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT one and new maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT one and new maps
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrunchieBite
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:

So is this "new promotion" only for people whove bought units with v6.6 maps, or those who've bought the v6.6 maps as an upgrade in the last few months?

I'm affraid I have no idea whether it is just for new purchases or for everyone. My TT unit came with WE maps v660.1256 so, on the face of it, it looks like I should get a freebie upgrade :D Interestingly, the "new promotion" isn't mentioned anywhere that I can see on the TT website!

I just connected my TT up and tried to do an update via TT Home and it shows no updates available Crying or Very sad Then I re-read the e-mail I got from TT support and depending on how you read it, it either asks me to update my TT (which didn't seem to work) or, they were asking me to update the support case with my TT's product code. I suspect it was actually the second one they meant but, it isn't very clear Evil or Very Mad

Anyhow, I have updated my support case with my product code and will of course let you know what happens.
andydigital44
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes they do want you to send them your product codes, i went through the same process last Friday. Don't expect a reply for a couple of days though.
cardata2007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would assume if you bought a tomtom after the 17th and it had anything but ver-6.75 then if you put it across in the right manner then you should get a free upgrade.

before the 17th i think they'll refuse.

i may be wrong just going of my own experiance.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
Even more confused now...
So is this "new promotion" only for people who've bought units with v6.6 maps, or those who've bought the v6.6 maps as an upgrade in the last few months?

The statement quoted above seems to imply it is for EVERYONE:
Quote:
This means that customers with version 6.6 of the maps can update there maps to the latest version via a download free of charge.

So let's confuse even more.
My GO700 bought May 2006 came with a voucher for a free map upgrade, which I eventually was able to redeem 28th November 2006 for map Western Europe v660.1219.
A couple of days later (1st December 2006) I bought a GO710, with Western Europe v650.1047. That map was obviously the original factory build for all new x10 range introduced February 2006, although not actually in shops until May 2006, so the map predated my purchase of the GO700 for which I got a free update. How many people all asked TT if that x10 range map would be updated and were told "You have the most up to date map".

So the v660.1219 map in a newly bought device qualifies for free upgrade to 675, whereas v660 bought last time round doesn't? Nor does the 650.1047 which was "as up to date as the 28th November v660.1219". That's if you want the new up to date v675 map! Just doing Twisted Evil 's Advocate here! I wonder how far back a case can be made for a free map?

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
CrunchieBite
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andydigital44 wrote:
Yes they do want you to send them your product codes, i went through the same process last Friday. Don't expect a reply for a couple of days though.

Well, that just goes to show either how badly informed TT customer service employees are OR how intent they are in fobbing off there customers. From my own experiences:

Took delivery of new TT One 07/04/2007
New maps released 17/04/2007
Question of free upgrade posted on website to TT support 21/04/2007
TT Support reply saying basically no in a canned response: 23/04/2007
I reply stating not acceptable and outlining why I feel this way: 23/04/2007
TT reply saying they can't help and I must write via snailmail to Amsterdam 24/04/2007
I reply asking for issue to be escalated to supervisor in UK 24/04/2007

And low and behold, after my request for escalation:

TT reply stating there is a new freebie upgrade promotion 25/04/2007

N.B. I should state that I have been dealing with the same person in TT customer services right the way through - even after I requested an escalation.

To anyone else out there getting fobbed off, be persistent and polite :D
cardata2007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be polite but stick to your guns and word it right and they do give in. Smile
andydigital44
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea it took me 2 telephone calls (waste of time) and 2 separate support tickets to get them to finally cave in.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: