Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Aytobe- Speedcams and other POIs
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Aytobe- Speedcams and other POIs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quistor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: TMC Reply with quote

It was a bit difficult to understand what he was saying but I got the impression that the TMC input information is supposed to go straight into the device via the normal satellite signal aerial on the back.

Nothing was said about a subscription, but I have an oldish version of Route 66 on my laptop and this receives TMC-type information via an internet connection without any subscription.
[/quote]
Presumably, though, you'd need some kind of received and subscription?[/quote]
Mike1963
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Route 66 on my laptop too and that TMC has to be downloaded via internet before you set off. I don`t think its that useful really. Roads can be blocked whilst your on your way and the TMC info would then be out of date. Best just to head off, if the road is blocked, you get plenty of signs beforehand to let you take a diversion.
Lester_Burnham
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: TMC Reply with quote

quistor wrote:
It was a bit difficult to understand what he was saying but I got the impression that the TMC input information is supposed to go straight into the device via the normal satellite signal aerial on the back.

TMC info is not received via the satellites - they're kinda a one-way street.
sharstone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: TomTom maps Reply with quote

Thanks Mike1963, unfortunately that didn't seem to solve my problem. The TomTom splash screen loads and then it says it can't find any maps, even though I've made sure they're in the same location you've said.

What version of TomTom are you using? I think I'm on 6 and it works fine no problem on my PocketLoox, but connecting it to a GPS receiver is a real pain so if I can get it working on my AyToBe its a big bonus (having used the supplied software I miss TomTom!)

I've searched this forum and tried out the bits and bobs posted, but unless I've missed it no ones posted the definitive guide how to install TomTom. Could anyone help out?

Thanks[/quote]
Mike1963
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you can go into settings and tell it where the maps are. Have you tried that? Oh and call me "Mike" for short ;)
Cuban
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just joined today,been reading the posts about the aytobe. I would like to put tomtom maps on the aytobe, but it's all Chinese to me how you do it Embarassed (doh Laughing Out Loud). Is it possible to do an "easy idiots" guide to loading the tomtom maps?
Is this possible by using someone elses backup file???
Only thing i managed was to get into was windows ce by changing the autorun file, which is really good for me Laughing.
If anyone one can help me i would be gratefull.
thanks in anticipation
Cuban 8O
Sallet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: TomTom maps Reply with quote

sharstone wrote:
Thanks Mike1963, unfortunately that didn't seem to solve my problem. The TomTom splash screen loads and then it says it can't find any maps, even though I've made sure they're in the same location you've said.

What version of TomTom are you using? I think I'm on 6 and it works fine no problem on my PocketLoox, but connecting it to a GPS receiver is a real pain so if I can get it working on my AyToBe its a big bonus (having used the supplied software I miss TomTom!)

I've searched this forum and tried out the bits and bobs posted, but unless I've missed it no ones posted the definitive guide how to install TomTom. Could anyone help out?

Thanks

I found I had to actually go through the installation procedure from my SD card by starting it manually from the file explorer. This is because autorun wont work. I then moved all the TomTom files from the AytoBe onto the SD card into a folder called MobileNavigation (include ITN, voices, schemes etc.) and rename the TomTom exe file to MobileNavigator.exe . Only then would it find the maps. You cant get into settings to look for maps as it wants you to select a map before the program starts.

I want to know how to upgrade from TomTom 6.000 to at least 6.010 or later. Anyone any ideas? The .cab files for this version dont want to run on AytoBe Sad
sharstone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: TomTom maps Reply with quote

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback.

I managed to get the TomTom splash screen up, after which comes the screen where you click 'I Agree'. Its after that it comes up with the map selection screen and it says no maps found. At this point my only option is to exit TomTom.

Reading various posts I thought perhaps I had to install it so I managed to get to the WinCE desktop but when I try and run the installer I'm told its not a valid WinCE application!? Even though I've had it load up. Is there a specific WinCE version or if it works on a PDA (which mine does) should it work with this unit?

Thanks
Retromax
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: TomTom maps Reply with quote

sharstone wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback.

I managed to get the TomTom splash screen up, after which comes the screen where you click 'I Agree'. Its after that it comes up with the map selection screen and it says no maps found. At this point my only option is to exit TomTom.

Reading various posts I thought perhaps I had to install it so I managed to get to the WinCE desktop but when I try and run the installer I'm told its not a valid WinCE application!? Even though I've had it load up. Is there a specific WinCE version or if it works on a PDA (which mine does) should it work with this unit?

Thanks

Have you got the right version of the maps?

The reason i ask is that when i first tried this i had maps for version 5 and the same message kept appearing......i was about to quit then i thought what if the maps arn't the right ones?.........and there was my answer!
Sallet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: TomTom maps Reply with quote

sharstone wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks

Sorry, I think I should have said that the tomtom_navigator_6.cab should be copied to the AytoBe and run from there (I actully put it into My Documents folder).
sharstone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: TomTom maps Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for the quick answer I've now got it working and it works really well. Just one little thing is bugging me, and thats the 'BEEP' every time I touch the screen. Any idea how to disable it without disabling all sound?

Thanks
Sallet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the click drives me mad also!

I also have noticed a problem that occurs randomly. I get a loud clang sound and an illegal operation error comes up. I cance the error and TomTom closes. This may happen 4 or 5 times in a journey or never. Has anyone else experienced this or know how to overcome it? It is no problem restarting TomTom again but because it has happened while I have been driving, I haven't had a chance to note the details of the error.

I have tried adjusting the memory/program area but with no change.
Retromax
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sallet wrote:
Yes, the click drives me mad also!

I also have noticed a problem that occurs randomly. I get a loud clang sound and an illegal operation error comes up. I cance the error and TomTom closes. This may happen 4 or 5 times in a journey or never. Has anyone else experienced this or know how to overcome it? It is no problem restarting TomTom again but because it has happened while I have been driving, I haven't had a chance to note the details of the error.

I have tried adjusting the memory/program area but with no change.

not with me (yet)
Mike1963
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I`ve had TT6 go clang (fatal error) on me once before, just as I was getting on the motorway slip road. Had to do a hard reset but alls been ok since. I can`t remember what error report it gave, way too many words and it was late at night wanting to get home.

You can silence the screen click, go into sounds in the control panel, it should be there somewhere.
id10t
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought one of these to try

http://www.pctradeshop.com/code/ui/main/product.aspx?catid=3&subcatid=0

(the 11b SDIO card)

but although the install drops the files onto the box,
the utility program won't run.

I used executability check on it, and it was looking for
mfcce300.dll
I dropped a version in, but it says it can't open it.

so no luck so far

ID

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 16 of 20

Jump to: