Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom v6 + Bluetooth on LOOX N560
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom v6 + Bluetooth on LOOX N560

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MotoBorg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: TomTom v6 + Bluetooth on LOOX N560 Reply with quote

I have just replaced my PDA and purchased a LOOX N560. I have tried to install TT6 but could not get the Bluetooth GPS to work. There was no screen from GPS Config to select 'Other Bluetooth'

Please can someone advise how to set up the GPS (Preferably from scratch) on the PDA and in TomTom.

I have also tried to install TT v5 on the LOOX N560 and still cannot get the GPS to work. So I suspect that I am not connecting the PDA to GPS correctly - but looks ok to me.

I Know that the GPS works as I have reinstalled TT5 on my old pda (iPAQ HX2750) and can get TT5 to work.

In advance of your assistance - Thank you
Edit/Delete Message
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LOOX N560 is not on the supported list according to TomTom - may be something to do with the embedded GPS or newness of the system? But it does work according to customer feedack on the Clove Technologies web site...

So...

The embedded GPS will probably appear as a psuedo serial / direct connection so may be you should be looking at using the Other Serial NMEA in GPS config and finding the port associated with the internal GPS.

If you are trying to use an external BT GPS then you need to pair the device with WM5.

SETTINGS/BLUETOOTH.
MODE panel
Turn on the BT and ensure the device is discoverable - check both boxes.

DEVICES panel
Tap new partnership and follow the instructions. You will need the external BT GPS to be switched on.

You will be prompted to enter the pass key - usually 0000 for GPS but check the documentation for it.

You will need to select the Serial Port service.

COM PORTS panel

Select New Outgoing Port and select the BT GPS device.

This should assign a COM port for your use (should be COM7 or COM8 for WM5)

Use this port in your TT6 application. I'm not sure why you aren't given the option of Other BT in the TT6 GPS config - seems very odd - may be a re-install of the application.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: