Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Odd Battery Re-Charging
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Odd Battery Re-Charging

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tanda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Odd Battery Re-Charging Reply with quote

Hi Everyone, Just a quick question about the battery on my iPAQ. I don't use the iPAQ very often, but I update the camera database when it comes out. Usually, it says, "to avoid data loss, re-charge the battery" or words to that effect, having not used/charged the iPAQ since the last update. Yesterday was the same, switched it on, got the battery message, updated the database, and switched the iPAQ off, but left it pluged in to charge the battery. At about 11.00pm last night, I checked the battery, the light had stopped flashing, re-charge complete, and the battery was only on 70% charged. I left it plugged in overnight, light started flashing again, checked it this morning, light had stopped flashing, and it is on 69% charged. I have plugged it in yet again, the light is flashing again, and see if it charges any more.
It is running Windows Mobile 2003 SE, and nothing is running in the background, the iPAQ/battery is about 2 years old. Is the battery on its way out, or what?
Thanks for any replys.
torty
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the battery on its way out, or what?

Yes my friend!!! Same happened to me!!!
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit late but...

Even with nothing running in the background PPC 2002 and 2003/SE turn themselves on internally around midnight to do "housekeeping". It's only for a short while, screen isn't activated but it will use up a little battery power. There's also power drain keeping memory info active - again small but it mounts up over time.

But your situation does sound like a battery on the way out - or the charger/charging circuit is at fault.

You can replace the battery in them - depending on the model it would mean invalidating the warranty - but after two years it wouldn't be valid anyway. I did it for my old iPaq 3660. Gave it another couple of years lease of life. Google for replacement iPaq batteries. Worst case (like with mine) means that you have to dislodge the existing battery from the back of the case as they are stuck with very strong double-sided tape - nice and slowly is the secret. After that it's unplug the old one and plug in the new, restore/replace double sided tape and off you go.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: