Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ogg files on TTN5 & Palm OS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ogg files on TTN5 & Palm OS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eillo7
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Ogg files on TTN5 & Palm OS Reply with quote

Having rolled back to TTN5 I cannot get .ogg voice files working on my Tungsten T3. I had assumed it was a limitation of the software but in another thread it has been suggested that they should work on TTN5. Well, they don't for me. Crying or Very sad

When I try to set a proximity warning I still have to select frow cows, boings, cuckoos and other monstrosities...

I have gone right back to the start - hard reset, format SD card, install TTN5, load map. There is no other software installed - except the default stuff.

POI files and .ogg files are all in the map folder, file names are absolutely identical (except .poi and .ogg extenstions), there are no .ogg.ogg double-extensions. They are the same files that work okay on TTN6.

Does anyone have TTN5 running on a Palm with working .ogg files? Any ideas I haven't tried yet?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know the ogg file method will not work on the Palm devices with TomTom version five, the only way you can get spoken alerts on that combination is to swap out the data.chk file for one that does contain the spoken alerts, have a look at This Page but make sure you install the correct version relative to what software you have running - Mike
eillo7
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike - I have since read your post when the .ogg files were released where you did confirm that Palm did not seem to work.

Shame Oldboy didn't mention it when he said they should work (but an equal shame I didn't mention I was running a Palm!).

Oh well, no harm done.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eillo7 wrote:
Shame Oldboy didn't mention it when he said they should work (but an equal shame I didn't mention I was running a Palm!).
I wish I was that good. Rolling Eyes Apologies. I should have asked. Embarassed

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard, perhaps the crystal ball needs replacing Laughing in all seriousness though this does highlight the need to include basic information when posting questions in the forum, if nothing else it means you will get a more accurate answer, often leading to a quicker solution - Mike
nigelho
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am running TTN5 on a palm TX (I used to have a palm T5 with TTN5) and my friend runs it on a Lifedrive, all three palms run ogg files for speed warings and they work fine.
eillo7
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any clues as to how it's done then?
nigelho
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changed the ogg file names to match the names of the camera database and put them into the same folder of the card. In my case there were 3 files with the same name but extensions were .ogg, .bmp and .ov2. (eg pocketgps_uk_gatso_30) The directory on my SD card is Great_Britain-Map.

I went to "Change Preferences/Manage POI/Warn When Near POI and set the distance to whatever was appropriate, at that point the "select a warning sound" option was not available. I also replaced the data.chk file in the TomTom directory of the card with the original one.

The sound files were from ray Flanagans site.

The Palm I am using is a TX with TTN5 update 1

I think the problem may be that you need to reset your 'warn when near POI' settings for each POI.

Hope this is useful, would have done this yesterday but had to be out
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eillo7 wrote:
Any clues as to how it's done then?

nigelho wrote:
Changed the ogg file names to match the names of the camera database and put them into the same folder of the card. In my case there were 3 files with the same name but extensions were .ogg, .bmp and .ov2. (eg pocketgps_uk_gatso_30) The directory on my SD card is Great_Britain-Map.

I went to "Change Preferences/Manage POI/Warn When Near POI and set the distance to whatever was appropriate, at that point the "select a warning sound" option was not available. I also replaced the data.chk file in the TomTom directory of the card with the original one.

The sound files were from ray Flanagans site.

The Palm I am using is a TX with TTN5 update 1

I think the problem may be that you need to reset your 'warn when near POI' settings for each POI.

Hope this is useful, would have done this yesterday but had to be out
Could you both post the exact software and map versions that you have? Also, nigelho, could you email one of the OGG files to eillo7, (Swap emails addresses via PM!!!), just to ensure he is using the same version as you?

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
eillo7
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running TTN 5.201 on a tungsten T3. As mentioned in my first post I have checked filenames for .ogg files, put them in the correct directory and they are not seen when setting warning sounds.

I have experienced this functionality on TTN6 so I know what to expect, but it does not work on my TTN 5.201 setup.

I don't know what "TTN 5 update 1" means...
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eillo7 wrote:
I'm running TTN 5.201 on a tungsten T3. As mentioned in my first post I have checked filenames for .ogg files, put them in the correct directory and they are not seen when setting warning sounds.

I have experienced this functionality on TTN6 so I know what to expect, but it does not work on my TTN 5.201 setup.

I don't know what "TTN 5 update 1" means...
While we're waiting for nigelho, do you have a media player which should be capable of playing OGGs? I've got BetaPlayer on my iPaq which seems to have been replaced by "The Core Pocket Media Player (TCPMP)", which seems to be available for your Palm here. Do the OGGs that you have play in your media player?

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
eillo7
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The .oggs are just fine - I have them all working great on my TTN6 setup (I have 2 palms, one running TTN6 and the other running TTN5).
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eillo7 wrote:
The .oggs are just fine - I have them all working great on my TTN6 setup (I have 2 palms, one running TTN6 and the other running TTN5).
Are the Palms both the same model? Do the OGGs play on the one with TTN5?

eillo7
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are both Tungsten T3s, so are basically identical. And yes. .ogg files play on both when the appropriate software is installed.

I am something of a Palm veteran and know my way around the devices, and I have played with Tomtom since its original launch on the Palm.

I say this not wishing it to be rude in any way - I do appreciate your thinking and input - I just thought it would help you to know the level of user you're dealing with. So please feel free to get [moderately] technical if you think it will get us somewhere Wink
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eillo7 wrote:
They are both Tungsten T3s, so are basically identical. And yes. .ogg files play on both when the appropriate software is installed.

I am something of a Palm veteran and know my way around the devices, and I have played with Tomtom since its original launch on the Palm.

I say this not wishing it to be rude in any way - I do appreciate your thinking and input - I just thought it would help you to know the level of user you're dealing with. So please feel free to get [moderately] technical if you think it will get us somewhere Wink
Don't worry! I was wondering whether it might be to do with e.g. the bit rate or something specific about the OGGs. That was why I was suggesting getting the actual files that worked for nigelho. I'm afraid that we've just about exhausted any technical know-how I might have Laughing . I guess there must be a difference in the way that the TTN5 works on your T3s and on the TX/T5/Lifedrive!

I hope someone with more technical knowledge might have some suggestions!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: