Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Off route camrea notifications
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Off route camrea notifications

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schouten
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Off route camrea notifications Reply with quote

I've been using the camera database single file version a for a long time now and have used the normal POI method of notification with 0.5 mile notification - works perfectly. I thought I would try the alternative "Safetyalerts" option again - (I have had this working before.) So I deleted all ao.* files, renamed the .ov2 and.bmp files to safetycamera.* and copied them to the save directory as usual and they were integrated ok.

However I get notified of every camera adjacent to my route as well as those on it, some which must be more than 500yds away. I have the notification set to 500yds and yes, ALL other POI notications are turned off. Also some cameras report twice, which I know might indicate duplicate files but there aren't any.

If I disable the "Safetyalerts" option in the settings screen and go back to using the POI method and enable "Safetycamea" in the custom POI options with the usual 0.5mile warning everything is fine - just the cameras on route notified as a Safetycamera POI rather than pocketgps_SC etc. So although the two methods use the same files one doesn't appear to work so good.

(Incidentally if I replay a GPS track both methods report cameras off route!)

Any ideas please?

Confused
nivek22
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a problem created by ALK with the last 'fix'.

Please report this to ALK and hopefully, if enough users complain, they will change it back to work as it did before they fixed it!
Schouten
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Nivek22 - I'll send to ALK, perhaps the next patch i.e CP7 will fix it!
Schouten
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent the problem as described above to ALK support - this is the response:

Quote:
Please back-up your SD card before downloading the speed cameras from our website again. Clear the save folder on the storage card, restart CoPilot and play a demo. Then do the speed camera download again.

Please note that not one of the speed camera updates is better than the other. We provide the free download for customers who do not wish to convert the files and pay for the PocketGpsworld subscription.

1. We have a new Copilot 6 speed camera update which you can download for FREE directly from the link below.

http://support.alk.eu.com/cgi-bin/alk.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=580&p_created=1172059308

2. You can also purchase the updates from Pocket GPS World. Please see the following two links that describe screen by screen on how to download Speed Cameras to your device, and how to activate them so that you are notified when approaching a camera.

How to Download new POI's or Speed Cameras
http://support.alk.eu.com/cgi-bin/alk.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=16&p_created=1118052793

I cannot see how that will resolve the problem of cameras well off route being notified in "Safety Alert" mode - can anyone else? Why run the demo? I've not been in a postion to try it yet though. Note that if you were not familiar with the Save directory you'd also lose your favourites, saved trips and profiles as they omit to remind you reload these files from back up. Confused
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Please note that not one of the speed camera updates is better than the other. We provide the free download for customers who do not wish to convert the files and pay for the PocketGpsworld subscription.

erm... actually, they are. but they're hardly going to admit that there's is inferior though, are they ;)

MaFt
fluffball
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As soon as I installed version 6.0.1.68 I downloaded and installed 6.0.4.110 and got the latest camera database from pocketgpsworld. I too noticed that off route cameras were being notified.
I also find that if you stop your car and then move the map slighly, all the camera POIs disappear from the screen. Start driving and when the screen next refreshes (to update your position on the map) then all the camera icons re-appear. Also its only when you get to within the nominated distance of a camera that its icon appears on the map at which time any other camera POI within the map area get shown.
I have alos found that in planning mode you can not see camera POIs on the map although you can search for them when picking a POI.
I'm guessing that the camera warning stuff in the downloaded patch has been completely re-written and is not truly integrated and that the POI options of "show POI icons on route" or "near route" is being completely ignored.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: