Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom One Help Needed
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom One Help Needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcsilvey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom One Help Needed Reply with quote

I have a TomTom one USA edition and purchased the European Maps for a trip. I attempted to deinstall the US maps and install Europe, the short result is that it will not boot past the splash screen and I can not seem to reconnect it to the Home software. I got home to recognize it once after a reset and restored from backup and still just the splash screen. I am leaving for Europe in 3 days, any help or ideas would be great. I will try Tom Tom CS on Monday.

My software has been updated via Home and worked fine up until this.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might have been better to have installed the European Map on another Card. That way it would have been a simple swap of Cards to change Maps.

All that needs to be done to remove the Map is Delete the Map Folder.

Presumably you downloaded the Europe Maps! If so, these should still be on the Hard Drive, so all is not lost.

Can Windows Explorer read the Card? You may have to Reformat the Card before HOME will recognise it. Use the Menu Option Device | Change Device to see if HOME can find it. If you have Reformatted by then, it will just see a Removeable Device.

HOME itself may need to be un-installed, and then re-installed. This action will not lose any Files that have been added to the HOME Folders.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:
Can Windows Explorer read the Card? You may have to Reformat the Card before HOME will recognise it.

If it can, make sure you backup your US maps before you consider re-formatting!
If it can't, it looks like you may have lost your US maps already.
If that is the case, it would definitely be worth getting the Europe map working on a NEW card, so you can send the original card back to TomTom in an attempt to get the US maps back (you'll need proof of purchase etc.)
mcsilvey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Thanks, looks OK Reply with quote

Thanks for the help. A little voodoo and it seems to be back in shape. I was able to get my entire backup including the Europe maps over onto a new 2 gig card which worked a little while ago. I am now in the process of backing all of this up. I suspect what might have happened was the activation code was bypassed when putting my US maps back.

:D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: