Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Loading peed cameras on Tomtom1 v2 Europe
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Loading peed cameras on Tomtom1 v2 Europe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rafletcher
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Loading peed cameras on Tomtom1 v2 Europe Reply with quote

Well I've sucessfully used the OV2 camera files on my iPaq, but now I have the new TT1 V2 Europe maps device I'm starting from scratch again, as I have to cope with Tomtom Home.

So directions please on, having got the unzipped files on my PC, how and where do I get them onto my TT1 V2.

Thanks in advance.

Richard
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use Home, but as you understand the Windows Explorer method keep using this when installing POI from this site. Its just the same as you used to do with the ipaq - its easier to be honest - Mike
rafletcher
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike

Thanks for that

So where do I load the OV2 and bmp files to please - presumably the "Western Europe" folder?

Richard
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi rafletcher,

rafletcher wrote:
So where do I load the OV2 and bmp files to please - presumably the "Western Europe" folder?

That's correct! Smile

Don't forget about the .ogg files, which can also be placed in the "Western Europe" folder. Thumbs Up

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
rafletcher
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Privateer wrote:
Hi rafletcher,

rafletcher wrote:

That's correct! Smile

Don't forget about the .ogg files, which can also be placed in the "Western Europe" folder. Thumbs Up

Regards,

Thanks for that.

Funnily enough I was waiting for a reply to this thread and reading about the .ogg files - but for now I think I'll take one step at a time! On my iPaq it was a bit tempremental, and although I expect this TT1 to be less so I'm not going to risk it until I understand better :D
tonys66
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

help info can be found here on cameras
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras-tomtom-ov2.php

ogg files and help can be found here
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/tomtom-ogg-files.php
rafletcher
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonys66 wrote:
help info can be found here on cameras
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras-tomtom-ov2.php

ogg files and help can be found here
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/tomtom-ogg-files.php

Thanks, I did know about that - it was where I got the info for my iPaq/TT5 setup. It was the TT Home bit that threw me, so I'm glad to find out I can still just use explorer to install the files.
Harpo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, I'm new on here and not a little perplexed!

I have purchased TT ONE v2 Eu camera database from your site, but that's about it - no data - that I can see.

The first thing I did was to print the installation instructions.
Then followed all items - without issue.

Having downloaded, unzipped, transferred, and enabled, I was rather expecting to see hundreds of icons at camera locations.

But I have nothing.

I can insert my own locations, and be warned by a very convenient 'beep beep', but try as I might the only ones that are displayed are the three which I have inserted (and all too familiar to me)

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

PS. I'm off to France on Friday, and time is getting rather tight.

Cheers,
Paul.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harpo wrote:
Hi guys, I'm new on here and not a little perplexed!

Have you zoomed in if you are simply looking at Browse Map? The icons don't all appear too readily until you get closer. In "Browse Map" .... "Options" have you ticked Points of Interest? Are you looking local to you - maybe you don't have many cameras in your vicinity.

Have you by any chance c**** up the icons? They are Bitmap files with the same name as the cameras except with BMP extension. It has been known for people to jigger slightly the BMP extensions, ending up with .bmp.bmp (doubled). So now look at it with Windows Explorer - set to show all files and extensions - and in your map folder you should have pgpsw camera files named e.g. "pocketgps_uk_gatso_20.bmp" and "pocketgps_uk_gatso_20.ov2". You didn't say which camera set you downloaded, so the filenames I've given may not apply, but anyway, there should be "pocketgps_uk_ something.bmp" and "ditto.ov2". If not, you've not got it right.

So give us a bit more information please. NOTE I'm not a TT ONE guru, just that most Tom Tom stuff works the same way.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Harpo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you zoomed in if you are simply looking at Browse Map?
Fully

The icons don't all appear too readily until you get closer. In "Browse Map" .... "Options" have you ticked Points of Interest?
Yes

Are you looking local to you - maybe you don't have many cameras in your vicinity.
Yes

Have you by any chance c**** up the icons? They are Bitmap files with the same name as the cameras except with BMP extension. It has been known for people to jigger slightly the BMP extensions, ending up with .bmp.bmp (doubled).
No jiggering here!

So now look at it with Windows Explorer - set to show all files and extensions - and in your map folder you should have pgpsw camera files named e.g. "pocketgps_uk_gatso_20.bmp" and "pocketgps_uk_gatso_20.ov2". You didn't say which camera set you downloaded, so the filenames I've given may not apply, but anyway, there should be "pocketgps_uk_ something.bmp" and "ditto.ov2". If not, you've not got it right.
I have the following: pocketgps_europe.bmp and .ov2

So give us a bit more information please. NOTE I'm not a TT ONE guru, just that most Tom Tom stuff works the same way.

I do note that the .ov2 file is tiny at only 12kb - does that sound right?
I may be a novice, but 12kb seems hardly enough to hold the phrase 'you're nicked', in a dozen different languages!
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harpo wrote:
I do note that the .ov2 file is tiny at only 12kb - does that sound right?
I may be a novice, but 12kb seems hardly enough to hold the phrase 'you're nicked', in a dozen different languages!
What you have is the Mainland Europe Camera File. There are 400 locations in it, mostly in Germany and Spain.

You would have to zoom in quite accurately to be able to see any Icons.

The best way is to use Browse Map. Tap Find | Point of Interest | POI near you and select the Camera File. Just tap any entry and the Map will go to that location.

If you were expecting ALL the cameras of Europe in the File it doesn't work like that. The UK Cameras have there own, seperate, File.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harpo wrote:
Are you looking local to you - maybe you don't have many cameras in your vicinity.
Yes
Where are you located? - if you are looking locally to youself and not finding any Europe cameras - have you tried zooming out then move the map into Europe before zooming back in?

A much faster way to find the cameras is Browse Map/ Find/ Point of Interest / POI in city, type Paris and from the list select pocketgps_europe (you might need to tap the right arrow icon to see the full poi listings).

Once the correct POI Category has been selected the device will list the POI locations, to see one displayed on the map simply tap it.

POI files are very small, the Europe file will only contain camera data from Europe, no UK based camera will be included in this file, if you want UK then please download/ install the other options available - Mike
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldboy and mikealder wrote:
What you have is the Mainland Europe Camera File. There are 400 locations in it, mostly in Germany and Spain.

You would have to zoom in quite accurately to be able to see any Icons.

The best way is to use Browse Map. Tap Find | Point of Interest | POI near you and select the Camera File. Just tap any entry and the Map will go to that location.

As you can see, the gurus get up much earlier than I (or go to bed later!).

For information, the UK camera POIs contain over 10,000 cameras compared with the Europe 400, so if you had downloaded those you would have seen some! The Europe file is I think, still in development, so has some way to go before it gets as good as the UK one. I found it to be accurate last summer, that is, what cameras it showed I did see at the roadside. But I was mostly touring for beauty, not speed, so I probably didn't go near too many.
Welcome to the forum and have a nice trip.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Harpo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, you've solved my problem.

The problem was my interpretation. Fancy thinking the UK database was held within the Eu version.

I've now got all the cameras showing as they are supposed to.

Thanks a million.
Paul.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harpo,

we're still working on improving our EU database so whiule you're in france pleas do capture new locations and submit them in the normal way (via the map on the 'speed cameras' page)

we're also working on the software for releasing the international database in all the formats that we offer the uk one in too.

give us time ;)

MaFt

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: