Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nnuvi 360 Phone Dialing Issues
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nnuvi 360 Phone Dialing Issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BryanHaren
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Nnuvi 360 Phone Dialing Issues Reply with quote

Hello all,

I recently received my Nuvi 360 and paired it up with my Sprint Razr V3m
phone and all works well except for 1 issue.

The Nuvie imported my phonebook from the phone great and it will dial all
the contacts accurately, but when I dial a POI phone number from the POI
database it will add a 011 to the phone number.

I assume this is the country code for the US but when it adds the 011 it
causes the call to not go through. It seems to think I am outside the US for some reason.

Is there any setting to disable the 011 from being added to the number?

Thanks in advance!

Bryan
pockettomtom2007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: RE Nuvi and sprint Reply with quote

Hey Bryan

Our company bought us like 100 of the 910s from tomtom recently, neatest GPS i ever seen, puts telenav in the dirt (which is one reason we got them, we switched from nextel to sprint recently to prepare for a corporate move in the states.

While trying out my new RAZR also company bought Smile I was ecstatic to find that MOST of the razr worked with the tomtom, so i took it for a test cruise, while on my 30 mile test route i noticed the check engine light come on in my new car, so i used the POI to find a gas station nearby (im in maryland BTW) i got a message saying it couldnt dial the number,

well after some research later on i went back and saw that it was indeed dialing the POI but the sprint RAZR phone was running it as 0111areacodenumber

of course this concerend me

i spoke with tomtom level 3 support yesterday and we tried several things, the rep remembered an issue like this previously with verizon phones in which they did a firmware update to resolve, but he had told me i was the first to call in from a sprint phone, needless to say he said hewould contact the engineering deprtment to see if they could create a fix (and since the smae people program the tomtom as the NUVI (the same programmers in england) i imagine we might find somethign out soon.

I called motorola just for giggles and after a lengthy call with them they also said they would investigate, but the concensus was the issue was provider specific not so much the phones settings or the GPS settings

I did make an attempt to call sprint but that of course was a joke, i think i just confused them even more, and they arent very helpful as a whole anyway so far except for overbilling accounts

I hope my long tirad hasnt tired anyone out, but might provide some insight as to the fact tomtom at least and motorola are aware of this "quirk:"

Happy GPS'ng everyone

Jason
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bryan - what firmware is running on the 360, and what locale have you set the unit to? I suspect the unit does indeed think you are outside the US, and hence is adding 011 for some reason (it can't think you are in the UK though, as then the number would be 001)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: