Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin Nuvi 370T
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin Nuvi 370T

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nomadman2k
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Garmin Nuvi 370T Reply with quote

:D

Hi all,

I have posted some information on various pages on this site, but just as a recap:

I had the Quest1 and used it from coast to coast in the US (tricky trying to limit the relevant maps to 243Mb, but I managed it) and it worked fantastically. I used the Quest1 to route all around Europe without a hitch, so I was a Quest convert from the get-go and then they released the Quest2 with more memory and all of Europe on it, so I took the plunge mid March 07 and bought one from Maplin. Embarassed Oh dear what a mistake, the screen update was slow, the recalculate now took anwhere between 30 seconds and 1 minute (I managed to drive for 3/4 mile on a blank screen and no sound before the unit eventually updated). So 1 day later I returned the unit to Maplin and got a full refund (Garmin confirmed on the phone that the Quest2 was end of life and not able to handle the amount of data on it, thanks for that).

So garmin recommended the Nuvi 370T, which is about 1 to 2 months old, with all of Europe and North America built in. Now I looked at the Tom Tom 910 last year and hated its size and the general look feel of it, so the Nuvi makes a pleasant surprise.

I bought my Nuvi 370T from Blokesstuff.com (excellent service) and I have to say that this unit just rocks :P .

The recalculate takes less than 3 seconds, the map is constantly refreshed and never seems to miss a beat. The Bluetooth phone link is a nice little feature and the bonus Traffic Master that comes with it adds just that little extra. Garmin have also added a lock feature on this unit to protect it in case of theft.

At a cost of between £320 and £340 I find that this unit is perfect for the job. The turn and road announcer (even in some very strange named places) is spot on (a tiny bit of distortion at high volume, but no major issue).

I have yet to lose my way using this unit and I still haven't managed to fill the spare 1.2Gb of space on the unit (with MP3s or Audio books or Travel guides).

This is simply one of the best offerings from Garmin, well done.

If you are looking for a slim, fast, slick and exceptional unit, look no further.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: