Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT Home...latest version
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT Home...latest version
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikeact
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: TT Home...latest version Reply with quote

Before I call TT, anybody noticed the following ??
Getting home last night, there was a TT message on their/my TT Home page to download the latest version which I did.
Now I am unable to do a backup to TT Home...it has crashed 5 times so far.
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, I downloaded it last night and it experienced a problem & closed down while it was checking my device. It appeared ok when I opened it again but I haven't tried a backup yet. I'll give it a try tonight when I get home. 8O
hope68
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
faced the same problem after TT-Home downloaded and installed the new version. The program kept freezing all the time as soon as i connected my PDA.

Deinstalled TT-Home, cleanded the registry and downloaded latest Version from the TT-Homepage. Installed it and it worked fine.

So, havent done a Back-Up by now with TT-Home as im used to do a back-up with Sprite.

cu Peter
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloaded the latest version of TTHOME just today. I was having all sorts of probs with TTV6.01 on my PDA. A failed installation of an app seemed to stop it from working.

Used new verion of TTHOME (1.5.xxx) to restore entire TT6 system - no problems.

Tried to use it to back up system and it just won't do it - it seems to remember the file structure of the contents of the SD card prior to me erasing it for restore. It gets part way into the backup up and crashed out trying to backup a folder that is not there anymore - had a poke about in the registry but can't see anything relevant. Tried re-install - cleaning out all obvious registry entries - still same.

I have reported it to TomTom Support.
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had many problems with the updated version of TT HOME. I installed it last night and it crashed while checking my device. Sad

When I started it today it couldn't find my device at all. I eventually uninstalled it and put version 1.3 back on, luckily I had saved it when I originally downloaded it, and all was well. Smile

I tried the update again so, when the message came up, I clicked "Yes" and downloaded it again. When it started it checked the device then gave a message that I was logged in with a different email address to the one associated with this device, I tried to login using the same email & password as I use for "My TomTom" which didn't work, so I tried to register a different one with the same result. :x

Then I tried to back up when I was told there was no TomTom device connected, even though it explored it ok. Evil or Very Mad

I tried to look at the online store but had a message that the connection with the server had been interrupted. Crying or Very sad

then I gave up and unstalled it again and reinstalled version 1.3. Immediately all my troubles were over again. I was logged in as my usual login, I could back up, and look at the online store. The only difference that I can see is that the updated version has a "Copy to PC" facility and there are other ways to do that. :D

Needless to say I am staying with version 1.3 until I hear that these problems have been resolved. Laughing
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read through the thread again and noticet that hope68 had downloaded version 5 from TTs website so maybe it's the downloaded update that is the problem. I might give it a try sometime but not now. Rolling Eyes
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calomax wrote:
Just read through the thread again and noticet that hope68 had downloaded version 5 from TTs website so maybe it's the downloaded update that is the problem. I might give it a try sometime but not now. Rolling Eyes

I tried both (that is the automatic download and a fresh download from TT site - same problem - can't get to do backup).

Using an older 1.3 version on laptop is OK though - so will be staying with this for the time being.

Phil
hope68
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I tried some things today and it seems that TT-Home doesnt like my 2GB-SanDisk-SD-Card when in the x50v and TT-Home is not responding.

If I use a smaller Card (an old 128 MB SD-Card) it works fine.

When the SanDisk is in the Card-Reader its no problem at all.

cu Peter
billconant
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same login problem with the new version. I closed it down and reopened it and worked without the login problem. In fact it automatically connected to TOmTom.

Bill
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried it again. Clicked on create new account and used my normal tt login. Then was told an account with that name already existed. But there was an "Update account" button. Clicked that and was immediately logged in. Fingers crossed that it all works ok now.
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fingers crossed, I think I've fixed it but I'm not too sure how. I uninstalled v1.3 and installed v1.5 again a couple of times. I did keep getting the "device connected to my computer is not associated with this account" message, but went to "create new account" and put my normal tt login details again. I was told that user name was already in use. Then I clicked on an "Update account" button and immediately logged in with no problem.

Now all seems well except the Backup which tells me that there is no TomTom device even though I had just downloaded and installed a cllour scheme.

I'm not bothered about the backup system as there are better ways, but hopefully everything else is working well. :D

But it just crashed. Hope that's not an omen. Rolling Eyes
alanjrobertson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.5 seems to be an improvement for me. I'm running TTN6 on my Palm TX (it works absolutely fine apart from an occasional startup bug so I don't know why they don't just support it!) but had issues getting it to recognise the SD card with the TTN software on it. This update seems much more consistent and works well - perhaps they improve this bit of the software because everyone is having to go down the SD card reader route at present in Vista?

Alan
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been emailing TomTom support about the problems with the updated TTHOME (Version 1.5.032) which keeps crashing and can't see the device if I want to backup. But I did get it to work ok with a card reader.

I had this message from them today
Quote:
Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support.

At the moment we are having some challenges with the new TomTom Home version; please in the meantime continue to use the older version of TomTom Home

I have asked, if I continue to reject the update when I turn HOME on, how I'll know when a new update is available which will cure the problems. I would expect that it would be published it on the website but maybe not, bearing in mind I was unaware that version 1.5.024 had been withdrawn. Gun Shoot Out Jumping With Joy
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone wants to revert to 1.3_308, and hasn't got a copy, it's on my Updates Page.Smile

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
coconut
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My newly installed TomTom Home freezes when trying to use the Back Up facility ( for my Ipaq 6916 ) so I e-mailed TomTom and this is what they said :

"May we apologise for the delay in responding to your query. I have heard from 2nd line support team and they have told me that a backup of the SD-card on a PDA using TomTom HOME will not currently work. They suggest making a manual backup of the SD-card by copying all files and folders from the card to your PC.

With Best Regards

The TomTom Customer Support Team"

Hopefully they are working on a fix Rolling Eyes

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: