Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Thinking of a TT510
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Thinking of a TT510

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lester_Burnham
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Thinking of a TT510 Reply with quote

I'm after a all-in-one GPS for my wife (personally, I currently have a Garmin i3).

I want something relatively straightforward to use, easily portable (ie removable from the car, including mount), and with bluetooth handsfree built-in, so that I / she doesn't need to sort out a separate bluetooth handsfree kit.

The 510 seems to tick those boxes, and am inclined to go down the TomTom route (if you'll pardon the pun!) after having some grumbles with my i3 and Garmin's routing algorithms.

Any comments or suggestions?
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does she have strong hands, fingers etc for re-fixing the mount? It can require a heck of a lot of twist to finally lock in place if you do remove the mount (I'm naughty, I don't, so I don't need to go to the gym to tone up for re-fixing it).

An important consideration is whether the phone is compatible. My contract Nokia 6230i works like a dream for all features, but I keep seeing posts from people who have problems - could be a good idea to go see the nice man in the nice shop and get him to do the proper demo, like paring with the phone, getting phonebook from phone to GO, then doing a dial out and an incoming call, then incoming and outgoing texts.

Persuade the nice man to give you a remote control (he'll probably insist you pay for it - optional extra) which makes using the device a dream.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Lester_Burnham
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well as for the phone, it's a Samsung D500 she's got.

As to using it as a handsfree thing - it's only really like the handfree bluetooth thingmy I have - just really if she gets an important call, or is delayed in traffic and needs to call ahead.

So not necessarily all the functionality she gets from her handset at the moment, just good enough to be able to easily receive a call, and if need be - be able to ring a small list of people (eg nursery, parents, that sort of thing) if she's delayed coming home.
Madmouse
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd agree with dennisN, i've a 510 very happy with it but poor grip in my wrists so little naughty leave my mount in place always otherwise i'd have a wrestle on my hands every day..(dont seem to bother round here for some reason), i'm more than happy with it besides that, i've a samsung D600 i'd reccomend using external mic for calls as standard it's not that great as a hands free, from phone I can call from screen/receive calls auto, the external mike simply clips to sun visor etc mine came in pack when bought but don't think they are that expensive to buy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: