Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Rikaline X7 now returned
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Rikaline X7 now returned

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lui7574
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Rikaline X7 now returned Reply with quote

Has anyone returned and received a Rikaline X7 unit yet, I sent mine back today but I'm not holding my breath for a quick return, for everyones further info I asked to have the unit exchanged for the fortuna clip on as a member in this forum did but I was told they would not replace it because I had had the Rikaline unit for six weeks, mind you the unit's not worked for two of those!!. Does anyone have any knowledge of consumer rights?

Thanks,

Lui7574 :x
xspartx
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent back my original Rikaline X7 unit in early Jan. It was replaced with another X7 without any problems, indeed I was impressed with the service I received from Sam - fast and efficient.

Unfortunately I am now in the process of sending back the replacement unit.

The problem is the same- the BT works for about a week, then fails. Needless to say I am very dissapointed with the unit. - my first foray into GPS has thus far been one of frustration.

I will be looking to swap this unit for an alternative, the fortuna seems to get good press, so maybe that. I just want a unit that works with TT2.

I will keep the (excellent) forums posted on my progress.
lui7574
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:59 am    Post subject: Replacement X7 Reply with quote

Someone else in the forum had the same problems with the X7 and swapped it for the Fortuna unit but when I asked to do this I was told they would not swap it for a different model, I don't know what the difference was with the other guy, it would seem less hassle for the reseller to just change the unit for a reliable one!!
Anyway watch this space for updates.
fks123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well...

my first unit of Rikaline has yellow LEDs...then i was replaced with a unit with blue LED....

both doesnt work well...but that was in DEC last year...

i sent my unit in for upgrade on the 12th Jan and will reach on 13th Jan...

Tom told me it will take about 2-4 days for upgrade....

so i am still waiting...once i got mine back .. i will keep you guys inform of my progress..
Tyfoon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the charging light should go of when the battery is full. My first batery alreday died and I was wondering if this was due to the charger not switching off or maybe it was a faulty batery already.

By the way, replaced it with a 1800mah LiPo which is originaly for a Nokia 3310, this works perfect.

Thanks
xspartx
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think it depends what version you have.

My first X7 had lots of different lights on it, none of which seemed ever to go out, and all were vaguely "red".

The second X7 was better, the buttons were seperated more and the bluetooth lights flashed "blue" when you had a connection.

On this X7 the red battery light came on when charging, and went off when it was "charged".

Like FKS I have had problems with both units, namely the bluetooth functionality stopping working after 1-2 weeks. A shame as when it is working, I think the performance is really good. I have returned the unit again, and hopefully this fix that FKS talks about will mean that the product will work properly.
lui7574
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:00 pm    Post subject: Updated X7 received fingers crossed Reply with quote

Well I,ve got the updated X7 back, first thing that happened when setting it up is my Axim crashed and I had to do a hard reset BUMMER!!, my backup file was corrupted, still can't be sure it was the X7 that caused it. Finally got the unit up and running so fingers crossed this one is OK. :|

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: