Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ipaq 2210 power problems please help
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ipaq 2210 power problems please help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wizdreaming
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: ipaq 2210 power problems please help Reply with quote

i have 2 ipaq's 2210 and a tomtom carkit, today when I plugged my ipaq in the car kit, I was driving down the orad and it suddently went off, i noticed that power to the car kit had gone, so got home and checked everything, it was the fuse in the cig lighter lead. I then tried to charge the ipaq in my craddle and the yellow light was not flashing. so i changed the fuse and put in my other ipaq in the carkit and guess what the same thing happened, so i tried to chrage that one in the craddle and yet again the yellow light does not flash and they will not charge up. I have used the carkit and tomtom for 3 years without ever having problems.

Please can someone help, I have done a soft and hard reset but nothing.
Are there any internal fuses in the ipaq which can be changed, im a bit upset as i now have 2 ipaq's i cant charge.

thanks in advance

Steve
oddsock
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome

Have you tried to charge the battery in the aux battery slot in the desktop cradle which would tell you if the battery is still ok ?
Dave
wizdreaming
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no the battery is fine, i think i have had a power serge and its affects the compents inside or fuse
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I am aware there are no fuses (or similar) inside an iPaq - but I don't have experience of your model. I would expect the charging circuit inside the iPaq to tolerate some over-voltage and have limited surge protection.

If the fuse inside your car adapter blew then there is potentially a problem with the adapter power circuits. Is (Was) it rated for the power an iPaq needs when charging? I have an AXIM and it requires 2A at 5V for charging from a low battery state. This reduces as the battery gets more charged. My old iPaq 3660 required 1A at 5V for similar condition.

Your original problem statement is a little confusing. After the first time it 'went off' you replaced the fuse in the car adaptor. When you put the second iPaq in the car kit - did it blow the fuse again? It is possible that the car adapter gave up the ghost and is passing 12V to the iPaq - it wouldn't like that much

The fact that they don't appear to charge in your iPaq cradle is worrying - it implies that something has damaged the charging circuits. It looks as if it's a call to HP Support to find out if there is anything inside that could fail under these conditions. It's possible that there is something like a fuseable link inside as a desparate last-chance protection mechanism. In any event it looks as if its a potentially expensive return to HP for repairs.
oddsock
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some one else has had the same problem : http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:8IDFkYC6VuwJ:forum.brighthand.com/showthread.php%3Ft%3D196063+ipaq+charging+circuit+fuse&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=uk

Dave
oddsock
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another similar post if you want to have a go your self .

http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:hl6rVamDF8oJ:forums.pocketpcfaq.com/viewtopic.php%3Fp%3D47840%26sid%3D954961feb4e09fbc6f4a4ed9c3ef4b77+ipaq+charging+circuit+fuse&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=uk

Dave

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: