Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 910i and FREE safety cameras!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

910i and FREE safety cameras!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dougproctor wrote:
Careful with the Nuvi and loading extra POI's. Read the thread on the Nuvi bit of the forum above. That's how I ended up with my TT910.

but also remember that a LOT of people haven't had any problems with the nuvi's and poi's...

ooh, decisions decisions!!

MaFt
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: A sticky on this important subject? Reply with quote

There seem to be more and more people coming out of the woodwork with this "loading maps and then nothing" problem. And it seems to be related to loading POI's either from this site or some other. It may be a problem with POILoader although it told me I had successfully created the file on the Nuvi before rebooting and then nothing. But twice, am I just the unlucky one?
What about making a sticky for people with the problem to document the steps they did before the problem manifested itself and we can then look for a common theme? I mean, we are talking about a £400ish piece of kit here. Although Halfords/Garmin are replacing them at the moment, the situation might change in the future.
Just an idea to mull over.
Doug
user10664
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: 910 mount Reply with quote

size does not mater to me
its the fact £350 tomtom with rubish mount
user10664
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: i am digusted with tomtom Reply with quote

i am disgusted with tomtom support i have had three tomtoms from them the go 300 the one and the 910 which i just got the other day yes the mount is crap after trying the tomtom website and putting in the serial No so i could order another mount it said invalid serial No. so i have just called tomtom support and what a rude man he was. he told me to send proof of purchase to them and they would look into it then put the phone down on me

bye tomtom your lose not mine its garmin for me from now on
typical market leader
just hope i get no chew from comet as if i do i will see you in court
good bye and good riddance
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Jonny, you got someone who obviously has has a bad hair day! The lady I dealt with the epitome of sweetness. She didn't even ask me to prove anything to her, she just said sorry, we will get another out to you within 5-10 days.
Yes, if that's the way you got treasted, they don't deserve your business. And Garmin support is reportedly very good. Good luck.
user10664
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: tomtom Reply with quote

yes i have spent a bit of cash over the years with tomtom and my mates have too but we will convert to another product from now on
and i will try and get my 30 engineers from now on to convert also

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: