Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Lost TOMTOM 300 SD
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Lost TOMTOM 300 SD
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LiaMar_17
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Lost TOMTOM 300 SD Reply with quote

Hey Guys,

My 910 is away for repair and all i have is my old tomtom 300 to replace it only thing is though ive lost the go sd card so it wont work.

does anyone have a back up of the files they could email me?

heres hoping :D
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you got a back-up of the card on your PC? if so simply copy that to a new SD card and put it in the device, if you don't have the required files on the PC I would suggest you contact TomTom support and see if they can offer any assistance, UK phone number is 08451610009

You won't get people e-mailing files of this type from the forum as it is against the rules, so please refrain from asking for them - Mike
LiaMar_17
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive already been in touch with tomtom and they told me buy a new one which cost ££££'s!

i had a backup aaaaages ago on my old pc which i no longer have. its only because its my old tomtom i have everything for my new one and everything for the 300 except the card.

its not illegal to copy the files off the card and share around because you have to still register the data to your specific tomtom so why is it against the rules.

i work in a well known pc store and we have every backup except the 300 and 500!!! grrr
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
General Rules
While debate and discussion is to be welcomed, we will not tolerate rude or insulting posts, personal attacks, unnecessarily inflammatory posts or posts of a sexual nature. Our decision is final in these matters.
• Before posting a query it always good practice to search the forums for previous postings. It is very likely that your issue may have been answered already.
• Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word posts, or similar.
• Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
• Advertising, spamming and trolling is forbidden. This includes using the Private message system to spam other members. Users who flout this rule will have their posting privileges removed.
Discussion of illegal activities such as software piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed. • Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed and any user found to be posting under multiple identities will be banned.
• We are quite happy to have constructive comparative conversations about products but we will not tolerate blatant advertisements for commercial products or services. We also reserve the right to ban anyone who wilfully violates the forum rules.
• Also while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
• You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal.
• We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
Any threads/posts of these types may be deleted without warning.

LiaMar_17
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you read my previous post?

how is it illegal software?

its not breaking the law because i still have to register the maps to my tomtom which i can do because its a legit tomtom.

it would be just like i had backed it up myself (which i did originally) and put it back on.

im only asking for help because the people at tomtom are very unreasonable and i need the satnav to help with my job. Sad
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
its not illegal to copy the files off the card and share around because you have to still register the data to your specific tomtom so why is it against the rules.

i work in a well known pc store and we have every backup except the 300 and 500!!! grrr

READ the EULA.

Quote:
im only asking for help because the people at tomtom are very unreasonable and i need the satnav to help with my job.

Oh dear, I wonder why that is? It' so unreasonable for them to want to protect their software i.e maps, so that people can't make loads of back up copies for people who have mislaid their originals. Naughty TomTom. Rolling Eyes Clap
LiaMar_17
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the eula does not mention making a copy for someone else.

even with a backup i still have to register my LEGITIMATE tomtom 300 and its maps with tomtom so it can only be used LEGITIMATELY.

tomtoms support have always been unreasonable

how can people make backups if they dont own a pc?

how come tomtom no longer provide the cd with maps on for backup purposes?

navman and garmin always send customers new sd cards out that then have to be put into a legitimate unit.

after all this fuss i think i know the next gps unit i will buy.
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My 910 is away for repair

Quote:
after all this fuss i think i know the next gps unit i will buy.

Question Censored

Out of here
mrg2003
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:17 am    Post subject: think before you type Reply with quote

LiaMar_17 wrote:

If they knew you were posting this rubbish, you might not be employed much longer.
If you can't be bothered to make or store backups of devices you own, can you be trusted to advise anyone on any technical matter.
LiaMar_17
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why would i not be employeed?

the tomtom rep advised us to do so

i did have a back up like i said

will people stop having a go before they actualy know what they are having a go about please.

and lost_property your post just..... it just..... doesnt make sense to put it nicely
nazimyounis
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I know where your coming from....

I now own a TomTom ONE V2.. I did have a TomTom Go 700 last year which I brought from PC World....I made a backup and then sold it.

My cousin still has his TomTom Go 700 which he brought from Dixons. The other day he called me and said his TomTOm Go 700 wont start up, i had a look at it, i asked him if he had made a backup, he said no....how could he, he doesnt have a PC/Laptop. anyway.. i formatted his tomtom restored it from my backup that i made last year and activated it using his product code, no problems he's now working fine. I now have now made him a backup copy.

As far as i am concerned we have NOT DONE anything Illegal... i have simply restored his device from a backup which i had from last year... and activated the maps using his product code.... It would have been ILLEGAL if i had used another product code... which i am against totally.

LiaMar_17 Am i right in saying you just require the application? or do you require the maps too?

I hope i have not caused any problems... this is a great site its helped me out many time.

Regards

Nazim

ex - TOMTOM Nokia N95
ex - TOMTOM GO 700
ex - TOMTOM Navigator 5 on XDA IIi
ex - TOMTOM Navigator 3 on XDA II
ex - TOMTOM Navigator 3 on XDA
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiaMar_17 wrote:
the eula does not mention making a copy for someone else.

I think you'll find it does... Rolling Eyes

Quote:
2) COPYRIGHT: The copyrights and other intellectual, industrial and/or proprietary rights to the Software and the Hardware are owned by TomTom or its suppliers. You may either (a) make one copy of the Software solely for backup or archival purposes, or (b) transfer the Software to a single medium provided you keep the original solely for backup or archival purposes. You may not copy the product manual(s) or written materials accompanying the Software, except for own use. You only become the owner of the material data carrier and you do not acquire the ownership of the Software.

3) OTHER RESTRICTIONS: The hiring, lending, public presentation, performance or broadcasting of the Software and/or the Hardware is prohibited.

....and if you work in a computer shop, you really should know that all EULAs will say something very similar.
LiaMar_17
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nazimyounis wrote:
I think I know where your coming from....

I now own a TomTom ONE V2.. I did have a TomTom Go 700 last year which I brought from PC World....I made a backup and then sold it.

My cousin still has his TomTom Go 700 which he brought from Dixons. The other day he called me and said his TomTOm Go 700 wont start up, i had a look at it, i asked him if he had made a backup, he said no....how could he, he doesnt have a PC/Laptop. anyway.. i formatted his tomtom restored it from my backup that i made last year and activated it using his product code, no problems he's now working fine. I now have now made him a backup copy.

As far as i am concerned we have NOT DONE anything Illegal... i have simply restored his device from a backup which i had from last year... and activated the maps using his product code.... It would have been ILLEGAL if i had used another product code... which i am against totally.

LiaMar_17 Am i right in saying you just require the application? or do you require the maps too?

I hope i have not caused any problems... this is a great site its helped me out many time.

Regards

Nazim

exacly what i mean finally someone with brains.

i proberbally worded it all wrong but that is what i mean its not illegal because i have to activate it with MY code.

does that make sense guys??
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, we have no brains, therefore we are not clever enough to help you.
Now go away.
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupid :P :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: