Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How Many P.O.I. Can i have on my TOM TOM ONE?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How Many P.O.I. Can i have on my TOM TOM ONE?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slimsta
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: How Many P.O.I. Can i have on my TOM TOM ONE? Reply with quote

Is there a limit to how many P.O.I. i can have on my TOM TOM One ?
Got a 1 GB Sd card in it, is there any more info needed? Only got the United Kingdom map in it, thanks for looking in
Slimsta
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 5 software is limitted to 39 and version 6 is limitted to 100 custom POI categories, within each category can be thousands of individual locations - Mike
slimsta
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, can i have more than 100 on if i have version 6 but only have up to 100 ticked ?
i noticed if you have too many this interferes with cameras and the way they are set up with you "warn when near poi" is this because there are too many on the Tom Tom already ?
slimsta
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No the limit is 100 go above that at your peril, use the consolodated downloads to reduce the individual categories fuel is a good example, why do you need to know the supplier by type when the simple fuel stop and fill up of the tank is all that is required? - Mike
slimsta
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,
sorry mate i am confused here, i have loads of poi to put on but have 84
categories already in - Can you or anyone advise here,
for example - one of them is cash dispenser, so if i put hsbc, lloyds tsb, and natwest, they would theoretically come as three p.o.i. under that category?
If this is so, can i just have 100 of these under the categories of my choice ?
Slimsta
slimsta
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, if this is the case i have just counted the bitmaps for my camera's which are all set as p.o.i. there is 33 of them so would this also mean i only have 67 other p.o.i. to drop onto the Tom Tom one to ensure it works correctly ?
Slimsta
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slimsta wrote:
for example - one of them is cash dispenser, so if i put hsbc, lloyds tsb, and natwest, they would theoretically come as three p.o.i. under that category?
What you do is merge the categories into one POI.

In this above example you would have 1 POI that includes HSBC, Lloyds TSB and NatWest. You will get a generic Bitmap. When the details are displayed you will see HSBC, Lloyds TSB or NatWest as part of the Text.

The same holds true for the Fuel Category. If you have 15 suppliers merged into one category, you will use only 1 POI and the Text displayed will indicate who is supplying the Fuel. Once again there will be a generic logo.

The POIs are not in a Folder within the Map Folder as seperate POIs. Using the above examples again, you would have 2 POI categories instead of 18.

slimsta wrote:
Also, if this is the case i have just counted the bitmaps for my camera's which are all set as p.o.i. there is 33 of them so would this also mean i only have 67 other p.o.i. to drop onto the Tom Tom one to ensure it works correctly ?
That's correct.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
slimsta
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldboy,
thanks for replying, i am really thick, i just can't get my head around this, i have all these POI and i think what i have to do is to put them into the relevant catergories i already have on my Tom Tom i.e Shop, cash dispensers, etc how do i do this ?
I am assuming if i mange this i will get loads more POI on my Tom Tom
I am really trying to read this over and over and i just can't get it?
Slimsta.
BrianI
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slimsta
You cannot change the POI categories that come with the Tomtom i.e you cannot add or subtract any POI's in those categories. What you need to do is to add categories of your own to which there is a limit of 100 with version 6.
You can have any number of POI's in each category.
Brian
slimsta
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think its starting to sink in BrianI but how is this done?
i don't know how to do this, any help is appreciated and apologies for being a right thicko !
Slimsta
BrianI
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any POI's need to be downloaded to your Tomtom and put in the same folder as your map on the Tomtom.
See here for available POI's
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=POIs
slimsta
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrianI,
I have downloaded what i need with regards to POI and have dropped them into my map folder on my Tom Tom, they are all ticked and all show up, what i was trying to do was to catergorise them, so that the petrol stations came under the petrol station icon already on the Tom Tom and the banks under the cash dispenser icon, etc is this possible, how do you merge the catergories into one POI as oldboy metions?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can group Custom POI files together when you download them from Pocket GPS World, or do it yourself using POIEdit - BUT you cannot add to or alter the inbuilt POI files they must remain as they are, I have seen information on taking these files appart but I don't think this is within the EULA that came with the map - Mike
slimsta
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok the ones that are built in then, is it pointless say for example dropping an esso or bp POI on because there is a built in "Petrol Station" icon already in the Tom Tom and it would show up as this icon regardless of which fuel station you are near?
And again if you dropped a load of Cinemas on like showcase & Odeon etc it would be pointless again because there is a built in "Cinema" one already on The Tom Tom?
If this is the case, then it involves a bit of sorting out as to the ones you need and don't need is this correct ?
Slimsta
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just disable the inbuilt ones and use the custom ones (make sure the custom ones are enabled), the inbuilt ones are OK to a point, but they are often out of date, slow moving items - airports etc are OK, but the fuel stops are not good.
Yes you will have to sort through what you want, remember the 100 Custom limit and you should be OK - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: