Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Cannot get Leadtek 9553x to work
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Cannot get Leadtek 9553x to work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snulkit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Cannot get Leadtek 9553x to work Reply with quote

Hi,

I bought a Leadtek 9553x last week to replace my old Navman GPS3000 which worked for years on my iPaq 5550 with TomTom 5.
The problem is that the Navman needs ages to get a fix, so I decided to buy the Leadtek 9553 for which I read excellent reviews.

When I try establish a bluetooth connection with my PDA (see above) or with my laptop (a Dell Latitude D600), the bluetooth LED stops flashing and stays on for about 2 secs and starts flashing again. I started pairing using "0000" as PIN code but the result is the same.

Neither the software provided by Leadtek on the laptop and on the PDA receive any input from the GPS altough it is fully charged and apparently got a fix as the green GPS les stopped flashing.

Does anyone has a clue?

Many thanks for your help
snulkit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Problem solved Reply with quote

Leadtek support told me to send the GPS back as they didn't have an answer.
Before doing this, I tried one last thing : I let the GPS turned on for about 48 hours until the battery was completely drained. After this, I turned it off and gave it a full charge. I tried to initiate the bluetooth connection again and....tada, it worked! I guess the internal software was frozen and as there is no reset button, draining the battery completely was a way to reset the software and the memory of the GPS.
Aabelix
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll got nearly samekind problem my 9553x when I use Leadtek GPS monitor with my laptop and MSI 3X Btoes bluetooth dongle, the Leadtek freezes and dont connect anymore my laptop or mobilephone. GPS receiver only flashes blue leds for bluetooth connection and GPS leds flashes short green flash and longer red flash. So I leave power on and waited about 48 hours and then recharge battery and the receiver start to work again. New try to use GPS monitor program and same problem again Evil or Very Mad , now I get screw-driver Twisted Evil and loose the little screw bottom the receiver and carefully opened it, there goes three wires ( red, yellow and black ) from the battery to circuit, I cut off the red wire and put the little coupling point between the wires, so if the receiver freezes I can reset the circiut by cutting of the main power... Now the receiver works fine and I can reset it. :D :D Remember warranty if you do same.. Confused Confused

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: