Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Disgusted with TomToms service. What's the next step?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Disgusted with TomToms service. What's the next step?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrBungle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Disgusted with TomToms service. What's the next step? Reply with quote

I mentioned in a seperate thread a while ago about TomTom failing to get repaired a faulty Memory Card.

They have now had the memory card for 3 months (yes that's THREE months). Each time we phone we get the same spiel "it's being red flagged now and will be back with you shortly".

Obviously this never happens. It was lost by TomTom themselves around December 6th as they themselves admit. Since then it keeps being "red flagged" and we wait and wait. Nothing arrives and the whole routine starts again.

I have been doing this on behalf of my retired Aunt. She has written to the complaints dept. who so far have acknowledged the letter but little else.

It's bloody disgusting that something as simple as a memory card has been with them 3 months - and at NO TIME have TomTom ever written to appraise us of the situation.

It feels like we are stuck now. We have written, phoned numerous times, but as they in Holland, the next step of actually beating down their door is a no go.

I am sure everyone will agree this is unaccacceptable. In my previous post there were apologists here sticking up for TomTom, but surely even they can see that this is beyond ridiculous now.

Any advice on a next step would be appreciated. Thanks.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you have a ticket ID? We can take it up with our TomTom Contacts.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
NeilGP
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: TOMTOM Service Reply with quote

Hi,
I've had similar with TOMTOM and an SD-CARD.

It was sent in on the 18th Dec, it was quoted on the Service section on the website, then disappeared.

Everytime I have called I keep getting the reply "it has been escalated".
Then on the 19th Jan we were told that it was in test stage and we would hear back soon.
On the 2nd of Feb we were told that they were waiting for Logistics and call us back when they hear something.
I called today and tols to call back on Monday 12th Feb as they were still awaiting for Logistics.

The customer service is a farce and any help you can give me would be much appreciated.

The service number is DER 06121985243 for my colleage Hugh Boyle.

Many thanks
Neil :cry: :cry:
peacheycoyne
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also think there tech' support stinks. I have contacted them on three separate issues, and have had the most ridiculous unhelpful answers back, for example, I bought the latest Western Europe map (with a promotion voucher) and had problems with it, so I sent a e-mail and the answer that came back was to re-download the map. You CAN'T download a map again once purchased TomTom. Shame because I personally think It's the best Sat Nav product out there.
ERROR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have drafted a letter to Ofcom regarding the problems I am having, referencing their current "Easy" advertising campaign. My experience with Tomtom is that it is anything but "Easy".
Arimus
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ofcom?

They're not (IMHO) the right people... the advertising standards authority perhaps, ditto for trading standards but the office for communications are more for complaints about teleco's or media companies not false advertising.
UncJ
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See my thread here MrBungle, you are not alone in your disgust for their dire service! Sad

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=52378
ERROR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASA - Thats the one. Found them. Thanks. (and the others)

I've never known support like it. To take money and then say there is nothing they can do, or "thanks for your feedback" and then close the call. Unbelievable.
Eldar
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have informed TomTom about the situation.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anything you can do about their maddening habit of replying to any e-mail with a "stock answer" that makes no attempt to address the actual issue.
It almost seems like an automated process which flags a keyword like "map" or "POI" and then spits out a standard reply that ignores the question but reminds us how wonderful they are.
I have several examples I could quote, but I'm sure you know by experience.
Eldar
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
Is there anything you can do about their maddening habit of replying to any e-mail with a "stock answer" that makes no attempt to address the actual issue.

You do remember that TT is a company, not a human being ? :-).
jzerocsk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eldar wrote:
Andy_P2002 wrote:

It's run by human beings and deals with human beings, though. At some point it probably seemed like a great idea to provide automated e-mail responses targeted towards keywords in the e-mail, but time has demonstrated that it is not a good idea at all.

Nothing antagonizes a customer like them writing "My GPS isn't working. I tried putting a pin in the "reset" port, but that didn't help. What should I do?" and then getting a reply that says "Stick a pin in the "reset" port."

This is a pet peeve of mine and few things will get a company on my "list" faster than this. At the very least, the automated response at least must be reality-checked by a human being to ensure that it it's actually pertinent.

That said...using the customer service portal at tomtom.com, I have gotten good results thus far, so my rant isn't directed so much at TomTom as the practice of blindly sending out automated "solutions."
MrBungle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I haven't replied sooner - but NTL has been down for me for tha last 24 hours! Sad

My DER number is DER06111650838 - if anyone can help resolve this, you have no idea how grateful both myself and my aunt would be. It's not that I mind helping her. But it becomes a chore every time she calls me asking if I have heard anything. And then of course I have to go through the expense of yet another phone call!

Many thanks.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean you want your thread back? Laughing

Now don't get me started on NTL!! :P
Hemlock
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jzerocsk wrote:
Eldar wrote:
Andy_P2002 wrote:

It's run by human beings and deals with human beings, though. At some point it probably seemed like a great idea to provide automated e-mail responses targeted towards keywords in the e-mail, but time has demonstrated that it is not a good idea at all.

Nothing antagonizes a customer like them writing "My GPS isn't working. I tried putting a pin in the "reset" port, but that didn't help. What should I do?" and then getting a reply that says "Stick a pin in the "reset" port."

This is a pet peeve of mine and few things will get a company on my "list" faster than this. At the very least, the automated response at least must be reality-checked by a human being to ensure that it it's actually pertinent.

That said...using the customer service portal at tomtom.com, I have gotten good results thus far, so my rant isn't directed so much at TomTom as the practice of blindly sending out automated "solutions."

Sending off the odd email complaining about the ‘service’ from this company will not do anything. What should happen is to start a petition with thousands of names and the reason why.
Sending off this amount of complaints in one go usually makes people in the company sit up and take notice.
There are many instances of this with companies, parliament and MP’s etc. Doing this piecemeal just doesn’t work anymore.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: