Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ash10's Voice Utility Software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ash10's Voice Utility Software
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harvey1512
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Voice Commands Reply with quote

Thanks for that, it clearly makes sense. I still cannot get it to work however. I have restored the full remit of 131 commands in the method you described but I suppose that does not matter if the Swedish version has more/less than the English version. The i3 would recognise the number of lines are different.
Is there a way to restore the English_British.vpm file so I can restore back to that? That has completely disappeared. I have transferred a folder to the memory card with the correct language, correct name etc but the folder does not look the same as the other languages. I think this is probably the last part of the jigsaw. Where it went to is beyond me but on current form that may not be saying much.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you didn't back up your files before you started? (If you did hopefully you'll find the voice there somewhere).

Otherwise, I think the voice in the Garmin support page for "Updates & Downloads" for the StreetPilot c340 contains the English voice you have lost - it should be "Voice, British English, Ver. 2.30, as of May 10, 2007". Worth trying anyway, but back up what files you still have first!
Harvey1512
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Voice Command Reply with quote

BigPerk, you are a star. Thank you for that.
For anyone else how is no entirely sure what to do here I have put down my step by step guide, ie the noddy version.
1. Run Ash's voice gizmo 2.Find the file on your sd card to split. 2. BACK IT UP!!! 3. In the top box of the Voice tool open your voice to split, eg English_British.vpm 4. In the bottom box click the browse button, to the right, and ideally create a new file to put it into so you can easily find it. 5. When you are happy, press split. 6. You can now view all of the voice commands in this new file, for example 130. You must not delete a file at this stage, if there are less commands eg 129 the voice is deemed as corrupted and so your satnav will not recognise it at all. 7. To change a command, in my instance I wanted to remove the irritating Recalculating command, you need to click on the various voice commands, 1-130, and find the noise that will suit you. Some like bongs but there will also be silence, strange but true. 8 When you find the noise you want click copy, not move, and save it somewhere easy to find on your computer 9. Find the command you want to remove eg number 077, make a note of the number and then delete it. 10. Go back to the noise you want to use and re-name it as per the file deleted, eg 077. 11. Copy it back to the voice file 12. You are now ready to press the JOIN button on Ash's voice utility. (if you want to put your own sound in I would guess that you just re-name that as per point 10 and copy that as the replacement file.)
This worked on my Streetpilot for me but clearly I cannot guarantee it for everyone. If anyone sees a glaring error then please advise and the administrator may remove this so that no damage is done. I hope this helps other numpties out there though that want to do this but are a little wary and could not previously find a simple step by step guide.
redrosebike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: TTS on nuvi 760 Reply with quote

I have read this whole thread so as not to ask a question that was already answered - I don't think it has.
I have a nuvi 760 which has TTS. It seems to generate every message i.e. "Lost Satellite", "Recalculating" etc. etc. from scratch using the TTS engine. Is this correct?
If so then I guess I can't use the Voice Utility unless I can somehow disable the TTS and load a "normal" vpm file. This would remove the ability to say street names of course.
I know about the TTS editor (which is excellent).
I guess what I'm really asking is can the TTS's basic voice be changed maybe by sampling e.g. my voice?
Either that or can the TTS be mixed with wav files i.e. have TTS's Emily say street names but have Homer Simpson say "Recalculating".
desertwombat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Nokia N95 8GB & Garmin Mobile XT Reply with quote

Has anyone been able to use the voice software to set up voice alerts for speed cameras on mobile XT. If so how did you do it. Also does it stop the bind bong alert.
exz8
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello, i have some question.
is it be able to add sample?
this mean example english american has 116 sample.
other language could have more or less.
RyanT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Confused About # of Commands for Different Voices on NUVI Reply with quote

I was playing with Ash's utility a couple of months ago and had some fun putting my own voice on my NUVI 200. I used the American_English.vpm as a template. But I noticed that the British_English.vpm file had a totally different number of commands. This confuses me. If a file has a certain number (like voice_015 in American is "at roundabout," but voice_015 in British is "arrive." Not only are the numbers different for many of the same commands, but the total number of commands is totally different (116 for American and 111, I think, for British).

Is the Garmin programmed to respond differently for every voice (based on file name or something)?

Just trying to learn;).

Thanks.

Ryan
wooooody64
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi this looks like a great piece of software. Does is work on the Garmin XT files on a Nokia N95?
RyanT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know which version of the English_American_.vpm is the newest? The one on my nuvi 200 seemed to have 116 wav files, but I just downloaded "Version 2.00" of the American Voice dated June of 05 from the Garmin/Support site. And that was on the "Street Pilot 2730," which seemed to be the newest unit for which there were voice files available (date was Jan 08).

One interesting thing was that it has 131 wav files when split with the utility, and there are several differences in the command numbers. For example, I was getting 116 commands with the American English VPM originally with Ash's utility. There are some added commands (like "kilometers per hour," "slightly," etc.) that push the original commands into different command numbers.

So does anyone know what version the 116-command American VPM is? I can't tell if Version 2.00 (131 files) is newer or older.

Thanks.

Ryan
cyautoman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have recently installed a VIB 11 to my car stereo and use it with my Nuvi 860. Although it routes the navigation voice prompts to the speakers as it is supposed to do it does not do so with the voice speed alerts. I use custom POI and custom mp3 files for this purpose and all used to work great without the VIB.

As a workaround I thought to use the Voice Utility and replace the Bong and blip sounds with a custom wav file saying "Alert this is a speed control area". So I used the English_American_.vpm and replaced all wav files with the Bong and blip sounds with my custom file. Specifically, I replaced files 021,025,026,039,064,065 & 107. I also replace file 081 with silence. Then I loaded it back to my nuvi.

My Nuvi is now not saying "Recalculating" so I guess my replacement was succesful. However, when I get a Speed Alert on the screen my Nuvi still plays a Bong sound and not my custom sound.

Is there another place that Nuvi stores the Bong sounds for the speed alerts?
keropp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodmorning to everybody! I'm an italian userand come back from another forum (xp.mart.it) Sorry in advance for my bad english.
I found the wonderful software ash 10 garmin voice utility 1.2 because I want to change voice advise (beep beep) on my garminxt on my phone Nokia N85, the problem is yesterday I was able to split and compact the archive named Italiano__.vpm today the software says "licens exired try do download new release" I want to pay too by paypal to Ash10 please hel me to use again Ash10 garmin voice utility. or give (please) the right way to can change again the sounds on my garmin xt. Best regards in advance.
Keropp
keropp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wooooody64 wrote:
Hi this looks like a great piece of software. Does is work on the Garmin XT files on a Nokia N95?

Yes is it possible, testerday I made a very good file italian__.vpm withe camera e velox with my voice, today I like to the same but the software ash10 garmin utility 1.2 says "license exired dowload newest version" but where is this version? I like to pay but where is tis vesion?
Tnaks
keropp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wooooody64 wrote:

Yes is it possible, yesterday I made a very good file italian__.vpm withe camera e velox with my voice, today I like to the same but the software ash10 garmin utility 1.2 says "license exired dowload newest version" but where is this version? I like to pay but where is tis vesion?
Tnaks

Now I made a donation but the software does not work! Sad grgr
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for the inconvenience, but the license server is currently down - hopefully it will be up again real soon...

Edit: should all be okay now!
keropp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash10 wrote:
Apologies for the inconvenience, but the license server is currently down - hopefully it will be up again real soon...

Edit: should all be okay now!

many thanks ash your sw is wonderful!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 11 of 15

Jump to: